13 September 2011

Makayla's First Day of Preschool.

Makayla had her first day of preschool today!! She picked out her own outfit and she did a great job! I told her I wanted to put her hair up in a pony tail and she said, "Okay, I'll go get two!" Then she came running back with all of her stuff and said, "I want two ponytails today!" So, we did two ponytails and she looked beyond precious!

We have been talking about preschool around here for quite some time. Every time we pass her school, she yells out, "There's my preschool!" She has been obsessed with going and today was finally the big day!

We were all out the door and got there right on time. Daddy went with us, too!! We posed for a few pictures before we left the house. This is a big day, people!

So, we took her into class and I wanted her to say hi to her teachers, but as soon as we walked in, she said, "I want to go play with toys." :)

I asked her to give me a big hug and kiss and that's the moment I started to get teary eyed. My baby is all grown up and going to school!! EEK!!

Anyway, Addi, Emma (our friend's daughter) and I came home and hung out for two hours. I got some laundry done while the girls followed me around and cried. Not the whole time, but part of the time. :) Then, it was time to go get Makayla!

She was ready to go as soon as we got there, but she said she had a good time! When we got in the car, I asked her what she did. This is how the conversation went:

M: "Well, the kids played with me, then we had circle time, then we ate, then we read and then the parents came!"

Me: "What did you do during circle time?

M: "I can't tell you!"

Me: "What did you eat?"

M: "Cars." Ensuing laughter afterwards...

Me: "You ate cars for a snack?!"

M: "Like crackers! Not the ones that you drive! That's silly!!"

Both of us cracking up. End scene. :)

She's precious. And I can't believe how big she is! Gah, my baby is in preschool!!

My gorgeous girl before the big day! Yep, mismatched socks and all!!

Mama and her baby girl. <3

And again.

And again again. :)

Sweet Dora backpack, girlfriend!

Walking to her classroom.

There's her cubby! She even has a pink crayon nametag. Rock on, girl! :D

Daddy and his precious girls.

Already playing and totally not caring about Mommy anymore. ;)

She spelled her name. It said 'upside down W, T, Q'.

1 comment:

Sarabeth said...

Yay for the first day of preschool! I hope her second day was just as fun or even more fun than the first.