16 August 2011

Truth.

Well, this is very humbling. I have not been as loving towards Makayla as I need to be. As I'm called to be. I am confessing that to you all right now. I have gotten mad at her when I shouldn't have.

But, you know what? I love her. Jesus loves her. And the past few days, I have been praying that He would give me more patience and grace and love towards my sweet little girl. I haven't been perfect and I never will be. Just this morning, I got upset at her and yelled too loudly because she poured water all over my couches. That's it. Not milk, not juice. WATER. And I know I got too upset. I reacted too harshly.

I am selfish. And I need Jesus.

So, read this article, Mamas. And let your heart be moved to do everything for your babies. They need you.

http://www.desiringgod.org/blog/posts/motherhood-is-a-calling-and-where-your-children-rank#.TiZKtHq-h4k.blogger

1 comment:

Michelle said...

That was a good read! I really needed to read that. I get so caught up in everyday things and resenting the fact that I just can't relax and watch tv or go to the movies,etc. I have been reading a good book about raising kids and understanding why they act they way do from a Godly perspective. It helps me to understand why Sammy and Matt act the way they do and it helps me to not get frustrated with them. It's called, Shepherding a Child's Heart by _____ Tripp. (sorry, I don't have the book with me and I forgot the first name.)