03 January 2011

Another 2010 Recap


Saw this on someone else's blog so I stole it and am doing it for my year now. :)
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Gave birth to Addison.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't think I made any last year, but I have a HUGE list for this year. That post'll be up later.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I did. So that's pretty close to me.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes. My aunt and my grandpa.
5. What countries did you visit?
North America. That is all.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you didn’t have in 2010?
50 lbs. less on my body. A 3 1/2 year old and a 1 year old. :)
7. What dates from 2010 will be etched upon your memory, and why?
Giving birth to my sweet second daughter. Watching Makayla turn 3 years old. I still can't believe it.
8. What was your biggest achievement of this year?
Seriously. It was giving birth for the second time. I mean, I pushed her out in 3 minutes, so it wasn't an achievement, per se, but it was still awesome.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not being as good of a mother as I should be. And thinking that moving to Ohio would fix how I was feeling in California. It hasn't.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Cloth diapers.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Makayla's. She got potty trained and listens so well...most of the time.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Um, really? I don't know.
14. Where did most your money go?
Cloth diapers. HA! And my girls. Because duh.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Having another baby!!
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
"We R Who We R" by Ke$ha and "Teenage Dream" by Katy Perry.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
a. same
b. fatter
c. poorer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Working out.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Getting pissed about stupid crap.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
At our house. I hosted it for my mom, stepdad, brother and sister-in-law. It was awesome. And of course, we celebrated M's birthday.
21. What was your favorite TV program?
Grey's Anatomy. Private Practice.
22. What was the best book you read?
Oh geez, I don't know. I read a lot in 2010. But most of them were silly books. Not bad, just didn't really change my life or anything.
23. What did you want and get?
A Kindle and a sewing machine! Both for Christmas!!
24. What did you want and not get?
To be skinnier (my own fault) and to be more patient. Also my fault.
25. What was your favorite film of 2010?
Eclipse.
26. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
On my birthday, I stayed home, I think. The night before, we were thrown a surprise party by our good friend, Brian. It was awesome. I turned 26.
27. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Losing 50 lbs. without having to stop eating or work out.
28. Who did you miss?
I missed my friends in Ohio, but I'm quickly learning that they don't want to hang out with me, just as much as my Cali friends didn't want to, either. Pretty much sucks.
29. Who was the best new person you met?
I didn't meet anyone new.
30. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Don't expect people to be there for you. Sounds harsh, but it's true. I expect WAY too much out of my friends and I'm always let down. It blows because I really thought moving to Ohio would be different. I mean, it has in some ways. Adam and I get to go out a lot more thanks to my mom, but I don't ever see people during the day, like I thought I would. Bummer.

No comments: