01 January 2011

2010: Year In Review

2011 is just a few hours away and I really wanted to write my overview of 2010. It was a great year. Sure, there were some pretty awful parts, but not every year is perfect. I am SO looking forward to 2011, though!

January 2010


We spent New Years at my dad's and I'm pretty sure I went to bed waaaaay before midnight. I was pregnant and I wasn't with Adam, so it was pretty sad anyway.


Makayla and I were in Ohio for half of January. She just turned 2 years old in December and I relished all my moments with her being an only child.

I went back to school this month. Only took one class, but it seemed like so much more with being pregnant and taking care of a toddler 24/7.

February 2010


We found out our baby was another girl!!!


We went to Vintage Cafe for Valentine's Day and after that we went to a bonfire. I felt human again! I was really getting into a funk about being in the house so much, so it was really great.

We took M to Build-A-Bear for Valentine's Day. She loved it!

Adam felt the baby (now known as Addison!) kick for the first time!!

I tried my hand at potty training. It didn't work out, but I wasn't super committed, so it didn't work out. Yet.

I started getting the baby's room ready. Very exciting.

March 2010


Makayla started wearing underwear full time at the end of the month. She did great and we never went back!

We took Makayla to the Sacramento Zoo and had such a fun time! She loved all the animals so much.

I guess that's really the only thing that happened in March! HA!

April 2010


We got to see our friends, Karisa and Audrey. They used to live in California, but then had to move to Colorado because of the military. We had so much fun spending the day with them!!

We went on Makayla's first Easter Egg hunt at our neighborhood park. It was so fun to watch her try to find the eggs on her own. She did an excellent job, too!

We dyed eggs for the first time with Makayla. She had so much fun. She even drew on some of them with the magic crayon. We may have broken a couple from dropping them too hard into the cup. :/

We finger painted for the first time ever and she had so much fun!

We took a trip to San Diego at the end of the month to visit Brian, Ron and Lisa. It was our last trip before Addison was born! The drive was long, but as usual, M did wonderful! While we were in SD, we got to meet up with my friend, Tracy, from high school and meet her son, Braylon. It was so much fun to go out to eat and then go to the beach and hang out with her.

I went out with my girls to celebrate my birthday in just a few short days. We went to the Old Spaghetti Factory in some town...I can't remember where. It was a blast, though!

May 2010


May 1st was my baby 'sprinkle' that my neighbor, Heather, threw for me at her house. It was amazing to spend the whole day with my dear friends that love me so very, very much. Afterwards, I was extremely tired, but that night, Adam and I were surprised with a surprise (HA!) party from our awesome friend, Brian. He threw it at our friends, Josh and Brenna, house. He even had it planned that two people would stay with M for half an hour at a time (it was within walking distance) so that we didn't have to worry about her. It was awesome. And we were both totally surprised.

Celebrated mine and Adam's 26th birthdays! (May 2nd and May 3rd) We went to a museum in San Francisco for free because we had a birthday within the last 7 days. It was pretty rad. We got to see Saturn, as in the planet. Totally rad.

We also celebrated our five year anniversary on May 7th! I got an amazing emerald ring from Adam. We went to see Iron Man 2, after eating at Red Lobster.

Had a 3D ultrasound for Addison the next day and it was awesome!!

Celebrated Mother's Day, but we didn't really do much since there were so many other things to celebrate. Fine by me. I just got to relax. Plus I had flowers. :D

Got some family/maternity photos done while I was still feeling up to it.

My Aunt Debbie passed away in May. It was really sad for me, because I don't remember the last time I saw her.

Went for the labor and delivery tour at the hospital where Addison was born. It took way too long and we already knew everything the class told us. We should have just gone to see the facilities.

June 2010


Well, we all know the biggest and most important thing that happened in June...Addison Riley was born on June 23rd at 11:51am!!! It was amazing. Astounding. Wonderful. Joyful. And I am blessed. We are so lucky that she is here. She had a rough first couple days of her life. You can read about it here, if you want.

My mom came to visit before that...well actually for that. So she came out to be with me for the birth and to take care of Makayla while I was at the hospital. Such a huge blessing and an amazing help!

Went to the hospital on the 17th because I was having some pains and thought I might be in labor. Turns out, I wasn't. Oh well. It was kinda fun to lay in the hospital for a few hours and think that maybe, just maybe, I'd be having this baby.

I had multiple freak outs about what I was doing to Makayla by having another baby. Not so much fun, but clearly things have worked out just fine for us. And for her. :D

Got dissed by a lady that works at Carter's. You can read that post here, if you're interested. Obviously I'm still bitter.

M went to her very first movie in the theaters with Daddy! She had such a fun time. They went to see Toy Story 3.

July 2010


My first full month as a mommy of two!! I survived it, since I'm writing this. HA!

My mom left to go back to Ohio. So sad. But this is when we started contemplating the move to Ohio...for good!

We went to the California State Fair. It was very, very hot. And we had two children. Addison slept for most of it and Makayla was good because she always is, but it was hot. Adam won M a stuffed animal, but really just ended up paying $15 for a piece of crap. She still loved it, though!

Adam took Makayla swimming and she got totally obsessed with it, which is awesome. He tried to teach her how to swim and she went under once and I freaked, but she didn't! She just came right back up.

Addi rolled over from her belly to her back for the first time! YAY!

My dad came to visit and meet little miss Addison.

August 2010


Makayla and I had a little date, just for fun. We went to Barnes and Noble to have a cupcake and read books together. She loved it. I loved it.

Adam's mom, brother and sister came to visit and meet Addi. His dad, stepmom and one of his stepsisters came to visit at a different time, as well.

We found out that we were for sure moving to Ohio. Very exciting! But we still had a LONG wait ahead of us. Adam went to Ohio for an interview, too.


We started letting Addison cry it out. It was not fun. But it worked. This is also the month that she slept through the night for the first time!! Way sooner than M ever did!

September 2010


Addison found her voice for the first time which is always fun. I love babies. Especially when they're mine. <3

She also laughed for the first time. Which is probably better than hearing her talk. Oh that laugh.


We moved to Ohio!!! Finally!  I felt like the wait was FOREVER. And then everything happened all at once and it went FAST. It was a whirlwind, but a great one.

October 2010


We moved into our new house in Ohio. Well, Adam moved in for us since I was in Pennsylvania.

My grandpa passed away in October. It was extremely sad, but at least he isn't hurting anymore.

Addison had her first Halloween and Makayla went Trick or Treating for the first time! She was the most beautiful princess I have ever seen.

I started doing reviews on my blog. And got in over my head.

I cut my hair and donated it to Locks of Love. 12 inches. Gone.

Addison started rolling from her back to her belly. Big stuff around here!

November 2010


We went to Virginia for Thanksgiving, which happened to be Addi's first!

She also ate oatmeal for the first time in November.

Then the giveaways started coming in. Even further over my head.

December 2010


Had our first snowfall on the first. So much fun!

Addison turned 6 months old two days before Christmas! Insanity. She also tried a sippy cup for the first time on the 22nd. We'll get there.

Makayla turned 3 years old on Christmas! I still can't believe it. This time three years ago, I was nursing a teeny tiny newborn. Now I nurse a 6 month old.

Addi celebrated her first Christmas and she loved to eat the wrapping paper.

I also hosted my very first Christmas and had an amazing time. My brother and sister-in-law got to spend time with the girls, which is always cool.

I made baby food for the first time on the 30th. It wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. I'm pretty proud of myself. Now I just need to stock up so that I don't run out. I made peas and apples yesterday. It was kinda fun, actually.

Addison ate peas for the first time today. At lunch. Yes, we also added another feeding into her days. I'm getting brave, I know! She's gotta grow up sometime, right?!

She also kinda sat up on her own today. And then fell over. :)

Well, I think that about sums up 2010. Since it's already the New Year here, Happy New Year! Praying peace and blessings upon each and every one of you. I have a lot of things that I intend to get accomplished in 2011. It's gonna be a great one, you know. :D

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I enjoyed reading about your year. How do you remember so much? I'm behind on matt's baby book, so now when I look back I can't remember all of the details of the milestones.

Sarabeth said...

I love this post! How awesome that you put this all together and can take a quick look back on 2010. I may have to do something similar on the Clarke Family blog.