02 December 2014

Whole 30. Ovah!

So yesterday was the last day of Whole 30!! I did it! Or kinda. The 'rules' for Whole 30 are supah strict. No cheats evah. And, well, I didn't do that. I cheated. More than once. And pretty much all this last week. See my dad was here and we went out to eat. A LOT. And going out to eat and Whole 30-ing doesn't work so hot.

Annnyway, I lost 10 pounds over the last 30 days. Which is all sorts of awesome. I also gained tons of energy and felt better than I have in my whole life. It was awesome!

Then I went and screwed it up. After eating like garbage this week, I feel sluggish and tired and lazy again. Which kind of blows. BUT, I'm going to get back on the wagon. Eventually. Whole 30 is HARD. We, as a family, kind of LOVE going out to eat. It's fun. I don't have to cook. Adam doesn't have to cook. I don't have to clean my kitchen. It gives everyone a break. It's fun! So, I know you can eat healthy and still go out to eat and that's what we are going to do. In January. The holidays are stressful enough and I just can't add another thing to my ever growing list.

So that's that. It was a good experience. I felt better and I still do even though I've been tired. I know it works and towards the end, it was getting easier because I knew what to eat and make and stuff. But sometimes, you're just out all day and you can't make food and make food and make more food.

I said so a lot in this blog. And now I'm done.

No comments: