03 November 2014

Whole 30. Day 2.

I probably won't do this every day for the next 30 days, but I DO want to remember how I feel, what I ate, etc.

So today I woke up feeling refreshed-ish. I had to take Makayla to school before I could eat breaky so that was kinda hard, but I wasn't starving. Also my girls were up all the time last night and up at 5:30 this morning, ready to go. I sent them back to bed and tried to sleep some more.

Breakfast was easy because that's what I need or I know I will fail. Two hard boiled eggs, no yolk (I don't like hard boiled yolks, but you can eat them on Whole 30...and should), green peppers and onions cooked in olive oil with some salt and pepper and a handful of cashews. It was good. Filling, but I don't think filling enough because I was hungry at 10:30. You're technically not supposed to snack on Whole 30, but it's only Day 2 for me and I'm taking things slow for now.

So I had some shrimp ceviche that Adam made last night. It was AMAZE. And then I finished off the rest of my veggies from breakfast. I felt better and like I could last until lunch time.

Then for lunch I made shrimp scampi with clarified butter that Adam made yesterday, the juice of one lemon, two garlic cloves and some spices. I put two whole zucchinis in it and I ate the entire thing. I also made a banana cooked in coconut oil and then sprinkled it with cinnamon. It was SO GOOD. But I used too much coconut oil so it was a little soggy. But they say if you're hungry to eat more protein and fats, so that's what I'm doing.

So yeah, I've been feeling hungry today. And I've been SERIOUSLY craving some sugar. Which is unlike me. I don't eat many sweets ever. But I'm learning that sugar is in nearly every processed, packaged food that we eat, so that's probably why. I haven't had a headache all day, which is a nice plus because I suffer from headaches enough as it is. I was pretty energized this morning, but by the afternoon, I feel busted. Just kinda sluggish and ready for a nap. But that's pretty typical for me anyway. I love naps even though I feel awful after I take them. I'm weird.

Dinner was some kind of white Alaskan fish with asparagus and broccoli. It was awesome and I ate like four helpings. Then we had some bacon and eggs and avocado for a little snack after dinner.

No comments: