06 October 2014

Enchirito. Nacho Burrito.

I hate figuring out post titles. I'm not creative enough for that.

Well, today is Monday. We did nothing.

It rained this morning. For, like, seven minutes. Ugh. Texas, be my friend.

I made cinnamon rolls for the little girls this morning. They were in heaven. We saved two for M and she was totally stoked about that after school.

When I dropped Makayla off at school, she accidentally knocked her drink over from this weekend and there was a hole in the bottom of the cup. So I grabbed it out of the van before I hopped back in the car and it was dripping the whole time I'm walking to my side of the van (no automatic doors for this girl). So I'm at the stop sign waiting to leave and this mom knocks on my window and asked me if I need another cup because she saw mine was leaking everywhere. I told her I had another one and thanked her for thinking of me. You never know when your one nice thing will make a difference in someone else's life. Even that small gesture. It was so kind.

Makayla has ballet class on Monday evenings, so Adam made dinner while the girls and I were there.

All of my laundry is done for the week. And it's Monday. That is AWESOME.

I called my doctor today to see if I have the diabeetus and I'm waiting for a call back.

I started reading Wheat Belly yesterday. Intriguing. I want to learn more. And finish the book.

My dishes are done. For the day. It's really exciting when all my regular stuff I have to get done is done. I can just relax tomorrow. And maybe start watching Gilmore Girls. Or not. I did finish Switched at Birth the other day, though. LOVE THAT SHOW.

Who knows? Maybe I'll just read all day tomorrow while everyone is at school. Tuesdays and Thursdays are my jam.

There's an ebb and flow to life. To having my babies around all the time and getting mildly annoyed when they're asking me a bazillion questions. And then to them being at school all day and me having no clue what to do with myself. It's so weird how you miss someone so much when they're gone. Then you pick them up and think, man I should have taken that time for me and used it wiser. Or something. I dunno.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

P.S. My post title came from Kung Pow. Adam and I just watched it last week. And I have that part stuck in my head. If you don't know what I'm talking about, do yourself a favor and put it in your Netflix queue. HIGH-LARRY-US.

No comments: