25 March 2013

Last Week.

Last Monday, the 18th, was my very first time taking all three girls out on my own since Kalkidan has been home. It was a feat, let me tell you! Having two three year olds is no joke. I had no idea who to get out of the car first and where to put the other one. And on top of all that, it was raining outside. So we were off to a good start, obviously.

We headed to Makayla's gymnastics field trip for the morning. In all seriousness, it really wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Sure we had our moments. Like when Kalkidan kept trying to sneak off and go anywhere else. And when Addi just melted on the floor in between my legs while I'm trying to watch her big sister rock it on the high rings.

Makayla LOVED gymnastics. She had such a blast. They went on the huge trampoline at first and then jumped in to the foam block things when they were done with that. While she was in there, she looked up at me and waved. It was so precious. And she looked so stinking little!!

They moved on to another area where the climbed all over and through a bunch of different stuff. And then they went on the high rings and Makayla was in heaven! She was the first one to go all the way through the course and she was just beyond excited!! The high rings were all she talked about for the rest of the day. :)

After that came the balance beam course and she rocked that one, too! She got really nervous on the high balance beam, but she did her very best. Even fell off a few times, but just hopped right back up...with a little help from one of her teachers. It was a pretty fun morning even though my little babies weren't behaving as well as I would have liked. We somehow managed to get back to the car and then we treated ourselves to Chick-Fil-A!

Wednesday was the second day that I took all three girls out on my own. I know, twice in one week! Makayla had her Kindergarten screening so we all went to that. It didn't go as well this time. I called Adam in tears after it was all over. And I don't want to talk about it. Makayla did fantastic at her screening. I forgot all of her paperwork so she's not technically signed up yet, but whatever. She will be.

And Friday was four months since Kalkidan has been home with us forever!!! I can't believe it's been four months already! Well, I can believe it. I've been stuck in my house almost that entire time...mostly due to me being too nervous to take all three of them out on my own. And most of those fears proved true this past week. But, we are still working on it and things can only go up from here, right?

It was an eventful week and one I would rather not live over again. So thankful to start this week anew with all my laundry and dishes done today! :)

No comments: