01 April 2012

Give1Save1.

Okay, so lots of stuff happened this weekend. I'll get to that...probably tomorrow.

Right now, I want to share something that's important to me. Give1Save1 is an amazing website where there is a new adoptive family every week...and the whole goal is that every single person donates $1 to each family. So, that's $52 for the entire year that you will donate to families. The point is that if every person donates just $1, we can raise $30,000 easily for adoptions. Way better (and easier!!) than just one person donating $30,000, am I right?!

So last week, this amazing family that I have had the privilege of getting to know raised over $1,700!!!! In just one week of being featured on Give1Save1!! You can check out her story!

This week's family is VERY special to me. I've gotten to know this adoptive mama and hear part of her story. We've become pretty great internet friends and I hope I get to meet her in real life sometime soon!

Anyway, they are adopting FOUR kids from Ethiopia!! I know....totally awesome, right? That's four kids that will have a family. Four kids that will have a Mommy and Daddy to tuck them in at night, to bring them more water, to read another bed time story and to sing songs with them. Oh my goodness, it makes my heart melt just thinking about it!!

So, we have the chance to bless this family this week because they are the Give1Save1 family of the week!!!!! Their story is incredible. It's beautiful, life changing and totally a God story. You can check out her blog and read more!

You can donate $1 to their adoption....just one measly dollar and you can change the lives of FOUR kids. Where else can your 100 pennies have that kind of impact? I don't think anywhere.

Please, please, please (yes, I am begging you) donate $1 to this fabulous family. Do you think you'll miss that dollar tomorrow? No, you won't. I bet you could scrounge up a dollar in change throughout your house right now. So let's make a difference in the lives of four children today and send those dollars in! You can donate even more than that if you feel led! But, all I'm asking is that every single person that reads this blog post donate just one dollar.

It will impact this family and the lives of those four children more than you will probably ever know.

Donate here. And be sure to watch the video to learn more about their story, too.


"The one who blesses others is abundantly blessed; those who help others are helped." 
-Proverbs 11:25

No comments: