01 March 2012

Update on Life.

Finally, right? I know I've been bombarding you all with some awesome quotes from some awesome authors, but I haven't updated on the happs around these parts!

Well, at the beginning of this week, I was feeling pretty discouraged about my mission trip funding. I mean, I know God is going to fund it. There's no question about that. He had already come through immensely. And hello? Look at our adoption fundraiser! That can only come from God.

Anyway.

I was just getting sad because I sent out this crazy awesome email to everyone I know ever telling them about my trip and blah blah blah and a lot of people responded and said how awesome it was, but no donations were coming in. (Yes, I have gotten a couple donations {for which I am very thankful}, but most of this was our own money from selling my jewelry, etc.) And since I sent out this letter and told everyone how they can donate online, I have been checking my little online thing daily and more than once a day. It was getting unhealthy. On Monday morning, I asked God to bless me in the form of just one donation through my online link. That's it. Just one. I was very bold about it and held nothing back.

And you know what? TWO different people have donated $100 each to my mission trip fund THIS WEEK. How amazing is that?! And it's all totally God. He knew I needed that encouragement and He totally delivered...like He does every. time. AWESOME.

Also, Makayla is really funny and super cute. I mean, duh. But she totally is.

We had this conversation in the car on the way to preschool this morning.

M: I'm getting rid of my bike because I'm too big for it.
Me: You're not too big for it. Wait, which bike?
M: My Dora one.
Me: But you aren't too big for it.
M: I wanna get rid of it for our garage sale for our Ethiopia Baby.

AWWWWWWWW, right?! She is so precious and I am in awe of how much she loves this baby.

And here's another convo we had this afternoon while going to get Nana for some lunch. Our lunch was delicious and totally fun, by the way. I love that I can text my mom and tell her I'm bored and then we can just go to lunch. :)

Okay, a little back story. M and I have been talking about her cutting her hair this summer. And the only reason I suggested this summer was because it's still cold and having long hair keeps you warm. Or something. And plus people usually cut their hair short in the summer. So I've been telling her that she can get it cut after I get back from my trip and she always gets really excited about getting her hair cut AND about my trip. She thinks I'm going to see our Ethiopia Baby. It's so sweet. :)


Me: So do you want to get your haircut before I go to Ethiopia?
M: Yeah I do!
Me: You're going to have to sit really still so they can cut it straight.
M: Yeah! I'll sit still like Laney (our neighbor friend) did! Nana didn't sit still...her hair is all curgly because she didn't sit still.

And cue the laughter!!! BAHAHAHAHA!! It was hilarious. And I was literally LOLing and Makayla said, 'Stop laughing!' while she was laughing. It was an awesome day today. And also, my mom's hair is wavy...that's why M said that.

Oh this kid. She cracks me up.

Addison is a walking fool! She is all over the place and hardly ever crawls anymore. She's even to the point where I can (usually) put her down and stand her up instead of sitting her down. I've been waiting for this for so long! I love watching her walk all over the place. It's super cute.

And M and Addi play this game that M calls 'Stroller Game' where they run around with their grocery cart and stroller all over the house. I love watching them play together.

Sometimes I feel like I get so caught up in life that I forget some stuff that happens. But I guess that's the point of living life, right?

One more precious little moment that happened today and then I'm off to watch How I Met Your Mother with my fabulous husband...

Addison got up from her nap earlier than usual and she was crank butt. She was m.a.d. So Adam turned the boob tube on because, really, who does that not soothe, right? Adam was holding Addi on the loveseat and they were laying down. So I asked Makayla if she wanted to come lay with me and so we were laying on the big couch. And we were all just watching Wonder Pets together. It was a beautiful moment and one that I wish I could have captured on film to look back on in the future. It was so wonderful and even though I don't have it for everyone else to see, I have it in my mind and those are some of the best memories anyway. <3

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." -Winston Churchill

"But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that." -1 Timothy 6:6-8

No comments: