21 February 2012

WAY Behind.

I am so far behind blogging our every day life stuff around here. I've done countless crafts the past few weeks, Makayla has had her yearly check up appointment, Addison went to an orthopedic surgeon, our spaghetti dinner fundraiser...there's been so much going on and I haven't blogged any of it! So here goes...

Makayla had her yearly check up on February 6th. She's doing so well! She got four shots...poor girl! She took it like a champ, though. And she wouldn't let us take her bandages off for a week! HA!

She is 40 1/4 inches tall and 39 1/2 pounds, which are both great! She really did a great job at her check up and Addi was the one that freaked out! :) As soon as the nurse came in, Addi started crying and almost didn't stop...until I pulled out the Fruit Loops! Which our girls happen to call 'colored Cheerios'. They crack me up!

Addison had an appointment on February 15th for her lack of walking skillz. So, we went to the doctor, waited for F.O.R.E.V.E.R. and then were told nothing's wrong with her. Yep, nothing. Which is awesome news, don't get me wrong. She didn't need x-rays or anything! He said she probably has some balance issues, but that's it. So then, the very next day, our precious little Addi girl gets up from sitting on the floor and stands up on her own!!! For the first time!!! Yes, the day after her appointment! She's always impressing us. :) And now she's a total pro at it. She's been walking like crazy ever since. And just tonight, she was taking off all over the house! I mean, walking from the laundry room to the living room and back again! It's been amazing around these parts.

The other day while Addi was practicing her walking, I was telling Makayla about how she used to wear these striped pants that Addi had on when she was learning how to walk. And without missing a beat, M looks at me and says, 'Yeah, they're practicing pants!' HAHAHA!! Hilarity.

Makayla went to the dentist today and she did GREAT! She was a little nervous when they took out the pointy thing (technical term, I'm sure) to check her teeth, but other than that, she was a champ! I think the hygienist clinched it when she told M she could pick a toy from the treasure chest. Does every dentist office have a treasure chest? Because my dentist office that I went to growing up had one, too! Weird.

Um, I guess that's it for now. I have a major long list of stuff I need to get done before my trip to Ethiopia. Most of it is normal stuff. You know, like get a will, get Adam's music on my laptop, put all my pictures on my external harddrive, raise the money for my trip, make a headband, finish (or start...) the pillows for the living room. The usual stuff you do before going to another country and all that. :) I got my paper notarized for my trip yesterday! Now the only thing I'm waiting on are my two spiritual references and I'm hoping to have those this week! This is all so exciting...and nerve-wracking!

I've been trying to get all my shots and pills for my trip figured out for the last two days. There's a lot of stuff you have to get taken care of before you leave the country! And did you know nobody pays for it?! Well, I shouldn't say nobody. But, I have to file a claim with my insurance company after I pay out of pocket for everything. Eh, it's the price you pay, I guess. HA, totally wasn't even trying to make a joke there.

Okay, I'm out. Gotta go finish my book and then hit the hay!! Night!

No comments: