12 February 2012

Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser!

Whew! We had a whirlwind of a night last night! Our spaghetti dinner fundraiser was last night at my MIL's church. It went very well, considering the weather that we had dumped on us that night! The weather was amazing all week long and then BAM! We got slammed with snow on Saturday! But, you know that didn't stop God from showing up BIG!!

So, here are some photos from the evening and then you can read some more details about our evening...and today at the bottom of the post! ;)

Adam and Makayla waiting for people to come in!
AWESOME Africa cookies that my friend made for us!
Fabulous raffle baskets that were all donated to us!!!
Our adoption BFFs. LOVE this family!!
Addison is a HAM! She did have quite a blowout diaper...it got on my coat and soaked through my shirt. It was EVERYWHERE!
Makayla and Grandma! We couldn't have done this without this amazing woman!!
Our totally sweet poster that Adam and I made the night before. :)
Uncle Travis and Aunt Sarah supporting their new niece or nephew!
Our family! Just waiting on one little guy or gal to join this photo! <3
Alright, I'm sure you are all dying to know how well we did at our spaghetti dinner! The grand total is:

$1789
Isn't that amazing?! Yep, that's all from eating pasta, salad, drinks and dessert! EVERYTHING was handled by my fabulous mother-in-law. I literally did not have to make or do a thing. Well, I guess I brought a few of the baskets for our raffle, but other than that, she did it all...with the help of her church family!

So, I want to say a big, fat THANK YOU to everyone that came, everyone that helped out, everyone that donated even when they couldn't come due to weather or location and especially to Bethel Presbyterian Church for letting us use your building!!! We appreciate every single one of you and all that you have done to get us this much closer to bringing our precious baby HOME!!

Our goal for this fundraiser was $2,000 and we came pretty darn close to that! We are so thankful!! People donated above and beyond the price of one plate...the woman that won the 50/50 raffle gave her winnings back to us...so many people bought raffle tickets for our baskets...and we sold out of our adoption shirts!!

It was an amazing night and while many people couldn't make it due to the weather (as I've mentioned), my amazing husband and mother-in-law had a great idea...they planned to serve the leftovers for lunch after church the next day...today! And all for donations towards our adoption! How amazing is that?! So we raised about half on the actual night and about half on the next day at lunchtime. It's so awesome how God works all things for His Glory!!

We have been beyond blessed throughout our entire adoption process. It has been amazing to see the body of Christ come together to support us. We are so, so thankful!!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Amazing!!! LOVE those cookies - I have the cookie cutter and wondering if I could make those. ;)

Jen Owen said...

Absolutely love the cookies! So wish I was that talented!