My pal, Jen Hatmaker, wrote a blog post about 5 of her quirks and I've decided to do the same thing. You can read her blog post here. I'm going to post 10 though, because I am full of the crazy.
1. I am absolutely terrified that cars on the other side of the road will decide that they want to smash into me and will just come full force at my car. This only happens at night, but I'm completely terrified of it, nonetheless.
2. I HATE holes. Like, LOATHE them. It's disturbing how much holes bother me. But, I'm not alone! It has a name. So there. It's called trypophobia. Google it. And NEVER, NEVER show me any of those pictures because I am not responsible for what happens to your face after that.
3. I get major anxiety when someone rings my doorbell. Even if I know you're coming over, you ring my doorbell and it's over. I'm cowering in the corner with my blankie and teddy bear. So, just wait until Adam gets home and he'll let you in. Knock next time and we'll be all good. I even perch myself by the window when I know someone is coming over and I'll open the door before they have a chance to get there JUST so I don't have to hear the doorbell ring.
4. I hate background noise. It's annoying and I can't think straight. My mind gets all boggled and my thoughts become jumbled together. Don't try talking to me when I'm doing something else because I won't hear you. Don't try to play music in the background while I'm doing something. I'll totally mess up. I can't function with background noises.
5. My food cannot touch. CANNOT. At Christmas or Thanksgiving (or any time when there is more than one item on my plate), nothing can touch. I don't care that it's all going to the same place. I don't want it touching on my plate. No way.
6. I absolutely hate scary movies. I don't know why I have ever watched one in my life. But there are random moments where I will think about a scene from Saw and I can't stop thinking about it for days. Or if I even see a comercial for a scary movie, I will think about whatever scary thing happened for days, possibly weeks. It's not pretty. And because of this, I must turn the light on when I get up to pee in the middle of the night.
7. I will start a project, think it takes too long and then start another one. OR I just won't start one at all even though I want to so badly. Like right now, I want to re do our Christmas tree skirt (found it on Pinterest). I have all the fabric (thank you, mother in law!) to do it and yet I haven't even started cutting the fabric because I know how dreadfully long it's going to take me. I also know it will look amazing, but I just can't bring myself to start.
8. Being late drives me insane. I think it's rude and inconsiderate for people to be late, so I try my hardest not to be late anywhere. In fact, I try to be early so that there's no question that you're important to me. And for my friends that are late, I still love you even though your lateness drives me ca-razy! ;)
9. I'm pretty much always nervous that something is going to happen to my kids. It freaks me out to think about anything bad happening to them, yet I constantly run through all these scenarios of bad things that could possibly happen. It's not fun. I don't even want to talk about it.
10. I hate things not being in order or where they should be. I can have a huge stack of papers (though that does drive me slightly batty) on the counter, but if they are all haphazard, it is not okay. Once they're in order, the bills can just be left there. Though I do have a special place where our papers go so that I don't have to look at them every day. I hate messes and it drives me nuts not to have things in their place.
One more for good measure...
11. I extremely dislike having other peoples' things AND other people having my things. I get anxiety when someone borrows a DVD or book from me. I freak out when I have somebody's something and I can't give it back to them right away. Heck, I hate having books checked out from the library even though I want to read them. I try to read them as fast as possible so that I can get them returned as fast as possible. It's always in the back of my mind when I have something of someone's and I pretty much have anxiety about it until I give it back. And vice versa.
Yep, I'm a freak. And I know it.