07 November 2011

Day 7: Being Thankful.

Today I am thankful for sweet little babies.

This morning, I went in to wake Addison up. It was actually 11am when I finally went to get her. And considering the time change wasn't too long ago, it was more like 12pm to her. She's like a teenager!

Anyway, I went in to get her and usually as soon as I open the door, she pops up or she's already standing. Today, she kept on sleeping. I so badly wanted to go grab the camera, but I didn't want to ruin the moment.

So, I put some of her clothes away while she kept on snoozing. And then I realized that I didn't want her to wake up and freak her freak, so I stopped putting clothes away and went over and just started at my precious baby girl. She was laying in the corner of her crib where she always does...on her belly...with her legs crossed at the feet and her hands underneath her belly. Mouth wide open. Are you picturing her? It was beyond precious.

I went over and rubbed her head and she didn't move except for a precious little smile that was all over that gorgeous wide open mouth. It was beautiful. She smiled while she was sleeping as soon as I rubbed her head. I'm smiling just thinking about it. :)

Well, she didn't wake up (told you! Like a teenager!) so I rubbed her back and said, 'Addi. Addi, it's time to wake up.' Nothing but a big ol' grin on that precious face again. Oh, I swooned. I didn't want it to end.

Then she woke up after a few more of those. She probably smiled in her sleep 3 or 4 times before she woke up. It just made me think of when she was just a wee babe.

I am so thankful for sweet little babies. Especially when they're my own. :)

No comments: