26 November 2011

Day 26: Being Thankful.

I am thankful for THE best day with my family. We had an amazing time today.

We had a 3 1/2 hour drive to go to Emma's 2nd birthday party. And on the way was Grandpa's Cheesebarn! So, as per the new family tradition, we stopped!! The girls had a blast and we love taste testing everything. :)

Then, we stopped at McDonald's for some lunch and I had my first ever BigMac! Yep, I never had one before that. It was aight.

We then trekked on for another 2 1/2 hours and got to Adam and Ashley's right when the festivities were starting. We got some great food and then....

The miniature horses came for the kids to ride on!! Makayla and Addison both went on. Makayla LOVED it. I mean, LOVED. Emma and Makayla were pretty much the only kids that rode those things. HAHA! It was pretty awesome, though. And I was the photographer for the day, so I got some great shots that I'll post once I get them.

After the horses left, Emma opened her presents and we had cake. It was a ton of fun! And we had so much fun getting to see our fabulous friends and celebrate their precious daughter's life. AND getting to see baby Ethan, too! :)

On the way home, we stopped at Fazoli's for dinner because I haven't eaten there in 11 years!! And as soon as we walked in, I told Adam that it smelled just like I remember it smelling when I worked there in high school. Ah, the memories! And yes, it was every bit as delicious as I remember it!

We still had about 3 hours left after that and we were just hoping and praying that the girls would fall asleep. Well, Makayla wanted her Doggy BAD. And she left it at home. So she kept yelling 'Doggy!!' over and over and over and over and over again. Adam was getting annoyed, so I suggested that he think it's like a soothing song by Enya or something. Well, that led to us singing 'Doggy' to tunes of other songs. Like Dave Matthews Band, Kenny G, Elvis, The Beatles, Star Wars, etc. It was hilarious!!! I was in tears it was so funny. It probably doesn't sound that awesome, but Adam and I were cracking up.

So the girls eventually fell asleep. We got home close to 9:30, put them in bed and just landed on the couch to rest.

I love perfect days with my family. They rock.

No comments: