07 August 2011

Busy Weekend!

Adam, the girls and I have been nonstop all weekend long. It seems that this happens more often than not these days. Most of the time, I'm okay with it. But sometimes, I just need to breathe. I usually have a lot of downtime during the week, so it's not too bad when the weekends come. Today, I'm just tired.

Adam had Friday off...he gets every other Friday off, which is a huge blessing! Adam and Makayla went to the hospital to see our friend that has been there for the past few weeks. She's getting better...praise the Lord! I stayed home with Addison while she napped all the day long.

As most of you know, I've given up Facebook for one month. I started my fast on Friday and it has been going VERY well so far. For anyone that is contemplating it, just go for it!! It is SO refreshing to not be on there for hours at a time!! I have gotten SO much more done during the past three days than I have in probably the past three weeks. It's kinda crazy and embarrassing to admit, but I spent waaaaaaaaay too much time on there...keeping up with everyone else's lives, while mine just passed me by. I'm already contemplating deleting it all together! We'll see. :)

So, I gave it up mostly because it was too much of an addiction for me and I knew it was just getting worse. I also gave it up because I have had too many bad things happen because of Facebook. FB can be a great avenue for love and support, but it can also crush people. So, I'm done for one month. And it's SO freeing!!!! :D

On Saturday, we took the girls to the fair. Yep, we went again. I had to go back with my hubs! We had so much fun, even though it was blistering hot. The girls loved it. We got some more fries and lemonade. We also tried Deep Fried Oreos. UM, YUM. The most delicious thing I've ever eaten! It was amazing. After the fair, we were all pretty beat, so it was Crockett Family Naptime!! Which was awesome. Saturday night, I went to my stepbrother's wedding celebration thing. I got to see my brother and sister in law and we had a blast!! We got to hang out and talk, which I love doing. I took M with me and she had so much fun with her step cousins. We got home a little after 10 and Miss M fell asleep in the car. I also sold three shirts yesterday...so thank you Nate, Rose and Lisa!!! We're getting closer!!!

Today we went to church and then stayed for the lunch thingy afterwards, which was nice. Our friends, Adam and Summer, are coming over for dinner later. I love hanging out with them. We actually got to see them this past Tuesday for Adam's birthday...sushi!! They are such great friends.

And this past Wednesday, we went to our friend Brennan's house for his little brother's graduation party. I love hanging out with Brennan and Kristen, too! They have been there for us for EVERYTHING since we have moved back home. I still can't believe we only met them in December! It's amazing how quickly friendships can flourish and become something amazing.

So, now I'm going to relax while the girls sleep. I have been awful about keeping up with our every day lives on this bloggy blog. I have a lot of reviews and giveaways coming up soon, which I have been slacking on. My bust. I have a lot of funny things that Makayla and Addison say and do that I need to write down. I'm slacking, but I'm hoping that my FB addiction can be nipped in the bud so that I can focus on the more important things...like updating my blog! :)

No comments: