01 August 2011

Blessings From Unexpected Places.

I have so much going through my head right now. I don't even know how to process it all and it's driving me crazy. I offend people because I'm adopting. I don't get that. How can it be offensive to bring a child home? Am I offended when people get pregnant? Um, no. This child is still our child even though I haven't carried them in my body.

There is so much more I want to say about this, but I need to gather my thoughts first.

On to some fabulous information.

We raised $240 from our Tastefully Simple party!!! Woohoo!!!!

My friend's eBay auction for the Tiffany necklace is up to $96 today!!! Praise the Lord!!!

And the biggest and best news of all....

Our friend's father passed away a couple weeks ago (not the good news part) and yesterday at church, she came up to me and told me her story.

She told me that people were asking if her father was fond of a particular charity or something like that and she said that he was not. So....here comes the good news!!...she is donating all of their donations to our adoption!!!!!! I am blown away!!! And so beyond thankful for her heart for orphans. It has been amazing to see and she brought me to tears.

Whenever I feel like our friends and believers are not supporting us, I need to remember the things and the people that actually are helping us. I need to not get upset because people don't care or don't respond. My biggest problem is that there is always something we can do, no matter how broke we think we are.

Anyway, the whole point of this post (and what I hope you have gathered from it) is that we have been blessed beyond measure in this adoption process. And not in the ways we thought it would go!!! I'm SO glad that we can see God move for orphans. He is doing all the work. Amen!

No comments: