11 March 2011

Slacking!!

I have really been slacking in the blog department lately. My bust.

I never posted Addison's 8 month updates, so that will be at the end of this post. Yeah, laziness. Whatevs.

I've had a lot on my mind lately. Things are changing. I've got a lot to pray about, especially with the new developments that have gone on the past couple days.

Our house got started on Monday!! They dug out the basement, so that's exciting! It's been raining for the past few days and then last night, it snowed again! What the hey?! So, as far as I know, our house building has been put on hold until the snow is gone.

Signed Makayla up for preschool yesterday!! SO excited. It's a super cute place inside of a church. It's not affiliated with the church, though. No biggie. She'll be going two days a week, starting in September. I hope she loves it!!

Adam has been gone this whole week. Boo. So, my mom came and stayed with me from Tuesday night until this morning. It was really nice to have her here to help with the girls and keep me company. I don't like to stay alone when Adam is gone, so it was really nice. Thanks for all your help, Mom! You're the greatest!! I also got to go to Target and the post office by myself and went to the preschool by myself, too. That's always a blessing. I love my kids, but sometimes, I just need a little break. :)

I'm sure other things have happened since my last post, but I can't remember. :/ I keep thinking I can't post until I post my old stuff, like Addi's 8 month update, so then I get even more behind. And then when I think about blogging, it feels more like a chore, so I don't want to do it. So, I'm over whatever I forgot and let's move forward!!

Addison's 8 month update: 

Addison claps a few times and then throws her arms straight up in the air. So cute!

She says, 'Da' over and over again. She also says 'Mama'!!!!

I blow her hair and she laughs and laughs. Every time.

She grabs Puffs on her own and will sometimes get them in her mouth. And sometimes not.

She loves her Biter Biscuits.

She can hold her sippy cup on her own, get it to her mouth and then take a drink by herself!!

Loves to play peek a boo.

She ate carrots for the first time-Feb. 11th

Addison got up on all fours on-Feb. 14th

She said Mama for the first time-Feb. 15th

She is the cutest and sweetest baby I have ever seen. She screams when I leave the room and she screams when other people hold her if she can't see me.

She loves her sister. LOVES.

I'm sure there is more, but I can't always remember everything. She's so fun. And her big sister is just as amazing.

Makayla says her ABC's, but she's done that for a long time...at least a month. She can recognize every single letter and anytime she sees letters, she spells things out. She'll go from right to left sometimes, but we're working on getting her to read it the right way.

She knows all of her numbers, too, but that's been for a while now.

We're learning about seasons right now. Summer is her favorite because she goes swimming and plays at the park. :)

My family is amazing. I am overwhelmingly blessed and I take it for granted way more than I should. The good Lord has blessed me. And you. Immensely. So enjoy it. And then consider what you can do to help others. <3

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Glad to see your update! Makayla's such a little smartie - she'll do great in preschool. Congrats on your house getting started!