08 October 2010

Ahhhhh...

It is so peaceful right now.

Addison went to bed around 6:45 tonight. She was a tired girl.

Makayla went to bed at 8:00, I'm guessing. I don't know for sure because I was at the movies with my mom. We went to see Life As We Know It. Very cute movie.

Yesterday my mom and I went to a couple garage sales. I saw this little white bowl with blue apples on it that I wanted, but I didn't buy it. Why? I don't know. But today, my mom went back and got it for me. She also got me this crescent moon shaped plate with blue flowers on it. I'm so happy and I think I'm going to start collecting pieces like that. They just make me feel super happy and I love them. However I did notice that the bowl has some sort of ding/marking on it. The price tag on it said .50each, so I'm guessing there were more and whoever bought the other ones didn't want the one I got because it wasn't perfect. Oh well. I still love it.

I love the quiet right now.

All I hear is my fingers typing on the keyboards. So peaceful.

I feel like there are a million and one things running through my head right now and I don't even know what to say or where to start. It's weird because when I think of something to write, there's nothing there.

Met up with an old friend from high school today. I found out yesterday that she lives in the apartment complex that Adam and I are staying in. It was so fun hanging out with Cori and her little boy, Lennon. It's interesting to me how it seems like even though 8 years have passed since I've seen her, things are still the same, yet so vastly different. We both have kids and we're married (to Adams, no less!)!! I felt the same way when I saw Tracy in SoCal and when I saw Tiffany just last week. It's so cool that seeing these people again just fits. It feels right to be back here. I'm always nervous before I meet up with an old friend. 'What do I say?', 'How do I act?', 'What if she doesn't like me?', 'What if she remembers me how I was and I'm not who she thought I was?'. Those sort of things always pop into my head, but then I see them and things just fall into place.

Anyway, it was really nice getting to see Cori today and I can't wait to meet up with my other friends here, too. Most of my high school friends have kids, which is so different from my California crowd! We were like the only people in our group of friends that have kids! I like being able to relate to my friends here on another level.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Do you know what I'm not a fan of? Shelves on walls. Why? I don't know. I had one at our house in California and it always looked like it was going to fall off the wall. Our friend, Brian, would always say if we had an earthquake, all my picture frames would break and it would knock someone out if they were standing under it. The apartment that we're staying in has shelves on the walls and I was just looking at them and I don't like them. These ones in particular have nothing on them. Why have a hanging shelf that has nothing on it? It's not a decoration piece of its own. It needs something on it to be decoration.

Do you know what else I'm not a fan of? My contacts sticking to my eyeballs. I think that means I've been awake far too long. It's funny because last night I didn't go to bed until after midnight. Addison woke up sometime in the middle of the night and then she was awake for the day at 7:20. I am not a morning person. Like I HATE getting up before 8 and even that is pushing it. So yeah, I didn't get much sleep and even though I didn't? I'm still here on the computer at 10:31 in the evening typing away, when I should be sleeping. I think I'm an insomniac, even though I love me some sleep.

On that note, I am going to go to bed because I can hardly keep my eyes open.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

OMG, you're so cute. I feel the same way when I meet up with people I don't see often, or haven't seen in a long time. I'm like "what if they think i'm annoying?? or sound like an idiot??" hahaha
And I think it gets worse after you have kids because you talk to less adults, lol.
Sometimes I feel like I don't have anything to talk about, or people might think I'm boring.
But I/we had a good time!! Even if Logan is a crazy man now that he's walking!!