14 July 2010

Successful Second Day...

Today Makayla, Addison and I went to lunch with my dear friend, Stephanie. I was anticipating the worst (of course!) and actually got the best! I had to wake Addi up before we left and change her diaper and her outfit, so she got pissed and woke up. It wasn't time to feed her yet and I woke her up earlier than usual, so I was worried she wouldn't go back to sleep. But, I left a little early and drove around for a few extra minutes and she went right to sleep.

Had no problems getting out of the car, which is something I was really worried about. How do I get M out without her running off? How do I get Addi out without her getting run over by a car? See my dilemmas? It probably doesn't help that I'm a freaking worrywart. Anyway, I got Addi out first, put her right next to the car on M's side and got M out. Then we walked inside, me holding M's hand and Addi's car seat. Easy peasy.

Then we got inside and Makayla stayed right next to me while we were in line and listened to me the whole time. Stephanie got a high chair for us and I put Addi in the booth with me. Makayla ate really well and Addi slept the whole time I ate, which was awesome! It was really great and far exceeded my expectations, but true to myself, I worry about so many things and then everything runs smoother than ever. Yet again, God is so faithful to me, even when I'm not.

We came home and both girls needed a nap because after I fed Addi, she was awake, which was perfect. This is where it gets tricky though, because I'm never sure which one to tend to first. I hate listening to Addi cry, but M goes down so much faster and easier. So, I let Addi cry in her PnP and put M to bed. Then I got Addi. She wasn't having any of this sleeping business and I'm pretty sure she's going through a growth spurt, so I fed her again and off to dreamland she was. And now it's Mommy time. I LOVE that they both nap at the same time and I pray that they keep it up for a very, very long time! It's my only sanity right now, especially with the waking up in the middle of the night still. Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting her to sleep through the night yet, since she's only 3 weeks old (today!), but I still hate getting up in the middle of the night. She's been so great though and usually only gets up twice a night. Again, praise God! He knew I needed a break from the Makaylas of the world. :) And twice since Addi's been born, she's only woken up once a night! Those were great nights for me!! Luckily, I read blogs while I nurse her in the middle of the night. That helps me not be so bored and mad about being awake.

In other news....Addison rolled over from her belly to her back yesterday! TWICE! I thought it might have been a fluke since she was doing tummy time on the bed and it's soft and all that, but she did it again today! Like five different times! And she was on the floor this time! Of course I then wanted to video tape it and she got pissed (she was tired) and wouldn't do it. She's so great at holding her head up already, though and I can't believe she's already rolling over! She's brilliant, just like her big sister. :D

Also, we have officially started cloth diapering Addison today! So far, so good. They look huge on her, but it's super adorable and I love fluffy butts! We also started putting Makayla in her big girl unners for nap time today. Also, so far, so good. :)


Mama said...

I knew you could do it!! Just had to try...and succeed!! Glad you had such a nice lunch with Stephanie!
Love you and miss you much!

Michelle said...

I like how you read blogs during the night feedings, I do the same too w/ facebook and the internet. I was beginning to worry that I was always on the iphone and I was actually thinking about getting rid of it, but it's a lifesaver when you get bored feeding the baby.

I can't believe Addison is already rolling over! Matthew hasn't even made an attempt, but I chalk it up to him being a lazy boy :)