14 June 2010

SEVEN DAYS.

I have seven days left until my due date! I can't believe it! In retrospect, I am glad I have made it this far. She's bigger, stronger and healthier now than if she would have been born at 35 weeks, like I really wanted. But that was just because I was so DONE being pregnant. She's kicking like crazy right now and I need to continue to relish these moments and not let them pass me by.

So I'm 39 weeks today. Very exciting!! I'm getting super nervous and just the other day, I started crying because I realized how traumatic this is all going to be for Makayla. I know she won't remember it in the long run, but I will and it breaks my heart. I just love her so much. I know she is going to a wonderful big sister, though. She still constantly talks about Addison. Even today, my friend Janelle asked her who is coming tomorrow (the correct response would be Nana! :D) and Makayla said, "Addison!" very excitedly. She loves her little sister already and I pray that their bond continues for the rest of their lives.

Anyway, I'm super excited and super nervous. I'm trying to savor every precious moment I have with my firstborn before we become a family of FOUR. OMG. FOUR. Don't get me wrong, I know it's gonna be awesome, but it's just been us three for the last 2 1/2 years. Yes, my baby will be 2 1/2 on the 25th, can you believe it?! There are so many things to look forward to with my two girls. I can't wait to watch them grow up together. <3

I took my wedding rings off last night. I think I should have done it sooner, though, because it hurt like a motha to get them off! HAHA! I realized last night that my fingers were kinda swollen, so I decided to take them off and yeah, it sucked. So yeah, my fingers are definitely swollen. At least they're off now and I wear them as a necklace. :)

I also got my hair cut on Saturday. It's been on my to-do list for a while, but every time I said I was going to go, I would be too tired and not want to wait and blah, blah, blah. Well, it's done now! I just got a trim because who knows when I can get my hair cut again?! Everything stops when you have a baby! Oh wait, that's probably just my life. Oh well. I'm fine with that. I love my kids and I want to give them everything they deserve.

Pray for a safe and easy delivery for me and baby Addison, please. Also, pray that she stays in until at least tomorrow, so that my mom can be here to stay with Makayla for us. Thanks! :)

No comments: