16 May 2010

HUGE Update.

Wow, it's been a LONG time since I wrote anything on here and we have been BUSY, BUSY, BUSY!!

So, as most of you know, my birthday was May 2nd. Yeah! I'm the big 2-6 now. HAHA! The Friday before my birthday, my wonderful friend, Melinda, wanted to have a girl's dinner for me. It was so much fun! We went to the Old Spaghetti Factory and that place is awesome! It was me, Melinda, Stephanie, Brenna, Janelle and Christy. We had so much fun hanging out and eating lots of good food!

Then that Saturday, the 1st, was my baby sprinkle that my amazing neighbor threw for me. It was so much fun, too!! All my friends came to hang out and show their love for me and Addison. It was so sweet. We played some fun games. We played the one where you have to guess what the baby animal is called, the smell the baby food game (ew. :D) and then my favorite one was where Heather put all these baby items in a bag, blindfolded me and I had to guess what each item was. I got 8 out of 10 right! Yeah, I rock. :)

After the baby sprinkle, I came home and was totally beat! I had to go return a couple things because that's how I roll, so I went and did that while Adam hung out with Brian and Makayla. Brian kept talking about how he wanted to get pizza for dinner and he was going to pay for it and kept going on and on and on. We were like, okay, Brian, we get it. :D So I came home around 8:30pm and Brian followed me upstairs to talk and I showed him something I got for Adam for his birthday (which is the 3rd). About five minutes later, there's a knock on the door and I'm like, "That's weird. Pizza guys don't usually knock, but whatev." Brian runs downstairs, totally excited for this pizza. Then he says, "Adam! Lindsey! Come down here! You have to see this." And I'm like, "Brian, it's a pizza guy. Really? What's there to see?" So we go down there and all of our closest friends are outside and they start yelling 'Surprise!'. It was totally a surprise!! Brian and Brenna planned Adam and I a surprise party and neither one of us had a clue! It was so awesome! So we went over to Josh and Brenna's and two people stayed at our house in half hour shifts to be with Makayla while she slept. We didn't have to worry about anything! It was so much fun and we are totally blessed with some amazing friends.

On Sunday, we went to church and then everyone went to Red Brick Pizza after church for lunch. Although I'm pretty sure Adam, Makayla and I are the only ones who actually ate Red Brick. Everyone else went and got Chipotle and brought it over. HA! But it was totally fun. After that, I came home and was planning on napping, but ended up doing crazy amounts of cleaning...laundry, dishes, sorting Addison's stuff, etc. I should have just rested since it was my birthday, but I didn't feel like it. Adam got me pots and pans for my birthday, which I totally wanted, so it was great and I love them so much!

Monday was Adam's 26th birthday!! Yeah! So Makayla and I went to meet him for lunch at work. We picked up Napoli's on the way there because it's what Adam wanted. So yum! I got him some cologne that he had been wanting for his birthday. Other than that, we didn't do anything special because I had class that night (which I ended up not going to, but was planning on it!), so Adam played DnD with the boys. Oh and we got Spice Thai for dinner, which is SO good.

That following Thursday, the 6th, Adam and I went to some museum in San Francisco that lets you in for free within 7 days of your birthday. So we both got in free! And I guess on Thursday nights, they kind of turn it into a club type thing, so there was alcohol and it was open late and stuff. It was really fun! They have a rainforest inside and a living roof. We even got to see Saturn...like the planet! Totally cool.

And then, on the 7th, it was our FIVE year anniversary!! Can you believe that?! We were going to go to the Melting Pot for dinner, but we couldn't get tickets in IMAX in Sacramento to see Iron Man 2, so we stayed local and went to Red Lobster. It was still good! Then we went to the mall to see Iron Man 2 in IMAX there. Great movie!! Adam also bought me the most beautiful emerald ring I've ever seen. It has two triangle shaped emeralds and some diamonds on it and it represents both of our birthdays. How sweet is that?! I love him so much.

We were out pretty late on Friday because we didn't go see the movie until 10pm and the next morning we had our 3D ultrasound for Addison!! It was totally awesome. We had one done with Makayla too and I was in complete awe then, as well. I just can't get over seeing my precious babies in there. At first she wouldn't move around, so the lady told me to walk around and drink some water to see if that helped. It didn't. We were there for an hour and then she just told me to come back at 1pm that day to see if she'd be moving more. Well, she was! We got some really great shots of her sticking out her tongue and smiling and stuff. She looks JUST like Makayla, too, so I'm really excited to see how she looks when she gets out here! :D

Then of course, we have Sunday, the 9th, was Mother's Day! We didn't really do anything special, but I had a lot of special days this month, so I wasn't bummed about it. :) We went to church, ate lunch (can't remember where?) and came home, put M down for a nap and just relaxed. I'm pretty sure I probably took a nap, too, since that's normally what I do when M naps these days. Oh! Adam also got me flowers because he's amazing like that.


On the 11th, Tuesday, was my baby doctor appointment at 9:15am. Well, I was about 10 minutes late and I didn't get seen by the doctor until 9:55am. Are you freaking kidding me?! It happens every time I go there, which is why I have stopped caring if I'm late. I used to be 10 minutes early, like you're supposed to be, but I'd still end up waiting at least half an hour before they'd call me back. Stupid. But anyway, everything is fine with the babe and I have to go back this coming Tuesday for my Group B Strep test and from here on out, it's every week!! That means we're getting close, people....

Last but not least, we got our maternity shots done with my good friend, Rachel!! I LOVE THEM!!! We went on Thursday, the 13th, in the evening. We went all over Fairfield going to different places and it was so much fun!! Makayla was such a sport and Adam's allergies were really awful, so he was a great sport, too, considering his eye was watering every five seconds. We got some really great pictures to choose from, though, and I'm super excited about them!!

Okay, so that's not the last thing. Two more things. Friday night, Adam was playing DnD with the boys and he came home at like 11pm, which is weird since they usually play until like 3am. He said they stopped because his allergies were so bad, everyone told him to go home and was beat. Whenever he has allergies, his eye gets really bad and itchy and stuff. But it was super bright red when he came home and it looked like there was a tear on the cornea. I'm no doctor, but that's what it looked like to me, so I told him he needed to go the ER. I really wanted to go with him, but we had no one to stay with Makayla and he didn't want to wake her up, so he went alone. Long story short, he ended up being at the ER until 4am...getting bloodwork done, a CAT scan, the whole nine yards, only to find out he has pink eye! Never would have guessed that one! But he's got some antibiotic drops and should be fine within a couple days. Now his allergies are just killing him. Poor guy can't catch a break!!

And the other things is, my Aunt Debbie died on Friday night. She had brain cancer and we just recently found out. I haven't seen her in YEARS. In fact, I don't remember the last time I saw her, which really sucks. I pray that she accepted Jesus into her heart before she died.

If you made it this far, good on ya! I WILL post pictures very, very soon. I swear. :)

2 comments:

Nate and Karisa said...

I am proud of myself...made it ALL the way to the end. LOL. :)

The K mama said...

You have been busy. Sounds like things are going well. I'm sorry to hear about your Aunt.