14 March 2010

Whatev.

I haven't updated in a while. Not that I really have anything to say right now either, but hey, I'm writing something, right?

We went to the zoo today. It was so much fun!! Makayla loved walking around and looking at all the animals. When I told her we were going to the zoo this morning, she told me she wanted to see zebras and then we got there and none of the zebras were out. :( I don't think she noticed, though, because she was having such a ball looking at all the other animals. Also when she woke up this morning and we were talking about the zebras, she said, "Kayla Zebra Ticklefoot?!" and I said, "Is that your Native American name?" and she said, "Yeah!". HA! My kid is amazing.

In other news, I made both Makayla's first and second year photo books on shutterfly.com!!! I am totally excited about it because, well, Makayla is two year and two months old now and her first year of life hadn't even been documented properly!! The horror! But, now it is. :D And so is her second year! BUT, I will never make another one on there again. They are ridiculously expensive. Like totally. Luckily I had these $20 off coupons from Target that I got to use on each one. We won't go into how I scammed them, though...I did NOT steal them, I'll tell you that much.

I also made up our entire list of cloth diapers and apparel that we will need to cloth diaper. It's gonna cost us A LOT up front, but it will be totally worth it. Feel free to send us some money for them. HA! I'm really excited, though. I'm totally obsessed with cottonbabies.com. It's pretty much amazing. There's this baby wrap carrier that I wanted and had it on my registry, but I took it off because it was $5 cheaper at cottonbabies and it's in the color I want, too! I'm also ordering the Belly Bandit off of there since we'll save money on shipping costs buying everything from one place. If you haven't heard of the Belly Bandit, you should totally check it out! If you're pregnant, that is. It looks amazing. I don't know anyone personally who has used it, but it looks like it will work wonders and who doesn't want that, am I right?

Oh yeah, I've also updated all of my pictures in my iPhoto and on Shutterfly. I really felt the need to accomplish that before this small child gets here. So yay! That's done! I've got a lot of other stuff that needs to be taken care of before she comes, but I'm slowly working on it.

And P.S., even though we'll be spending a lot of money on cloth diapers and accessories, we will actually be saving money in the long run. With the not buying disposables for the rest of our lives and with the not having to buy new clothes (save the few new outfits here and there, of course) or toys or a newborn bath tub or towels or washcloths or blankets or changing table or baskets or glider. So we just need the crib for our new babe and a dresser for M's room. Oh and a papasan chair and bassinet, which my lovely mother has decided she is going to purchase for us. She loves me. :D I should probably get those soon since I've had a huge urge to get everything ready for this kid today!! Of course all the clothes and blankets are washed and have been for weeks, so I can't do that. I should probably put my energy into something else that isn't exactly baby related, but still needs to be done before she gets here, but I really want to do something that involves baby things. HAHA!

I have to paint Makayla's cute rocking chair, so I've got to go get paint for that sometime soon. Adam's stepdad made this awesome chair that has her name engraved in it and everything. She loves it!! I also want to paint some pictures for the baby's room. I wanted to do it for Makayla, but never got around to it. I also have to do my pregnancy scrapbook for this babe (I just ordered the prints for it, so once they come, I'm starting it!) I also need to get letters for the baby's room and paint them and hang them, too. We're coming along, though. I really want to pack the diaper bag, but then I kind of realized I have nothing to pack. HA!

Another thing...we'll be using disposable diapers for the first two months until the little one is big enough to fit into the cloth diapers. The bumGenius (the ones we're buying) say that they fit babies 7-35 lbs., but from all the reviews I've read on billions of websites, everyone says they don't fit them until they're a little bigger. Plus, the runny poops probably won't be really fun to get out of cloth diapers and since I'm a novice, I'd like to make it easy on myself. :)

Well, that's all for now....if you're still reading. Daylight savings time tonight! Don't forget!!

2 comments:

Mama said...

...oh...and LOVE little M's new Indian name!!!!

Mama said...

Glad to hear you will use disposable diapers for the first couple months...that means I don't have to worry about the 'cloth' diapers while I am there!!!
Sounds like you got a lot accomplished...and still have a big 'to do' list! God bless you for having so much energy!!
love you all,
Mama