03 March 2010

Potty Training-Week 2

Last week's potty training adventures didn't go as well as planned...she did pee in the potty last Wednesday, but that's it. And on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, we kind of stopped putting her on as frequently, so yeah, no more luck.

On Monday we had MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) at church, so she didn't sit on the potty until right before nap time and of course, nothing. I kind of screwed up and kept forgetting, so no go.

Tuesday we went to hang with Holly and her boys so she didn't go on the potty in the morning then, either. And I kind of kept forgetting, too. I suck, I know.

But TODAY, SHE PEED ON THE POTTY!!!! It's only the second time, but I am SO excited!! We were getting really worried that we were going to have to bribe her with candy or stickers or something and I REALLY don't want to do that, so we just changed our plan of action. Instead of putting her on every hour, I now put her on every half an hour. It's a lot more work, but it's not as bad now that I put her potty seat downstairs. HA! I kept going up and down the stairs every single time and that's rough on a pregnant lady!!

When she peed on the potty, I totally freaked! I told her what a big girl she is and got really excited and she was smiling so big!! Then, I opened the big toilet and she said, "Put it in, Mommy.", so I did and then I asked if she wanted to flush it and she said, "Dess!! (yes)" really excitedly, so she flushed it and I kept telling her what a big girl she is for peeing in the potty. Oh my word, I am so excited right now!!!! She was so happy with herself. AND that was the first time she peed all day today. She didn't pee in her diaper at all, so that's even better! She did poop in her diaper, but when I saw her poop face, I ran and put her in the potty (with her diaper on), so hopefully she can start associating that with the potty, too.

Well, that's it. I'm just so excited!!!!!

No comments: