08 September 2009

San Diego Baby!!

Our trip to San Diego was a success!! We made it back home before 9 this evening. And we're already unpacked and have got laundry going. I drove for the last 2 1/2 hours. Adam wouldn't let me drive on the way there and I really wanted to, so he finally let me. :)

Since I know you are all dying to know how our trip was, I'll tell you!

We left Friday afternoon right after my classes were over. Since Adam works in Vallejo, I just went by and picked him up on the way. Oh wait, let me back up to the morning before we actually left. That's a good story...

I was putting everything in the back of the Pilot at around 8:30am on Friday so that we could leave right after class, right? Adam got a ride to work with someone, so his car (my old car) was in the driveway and I made a mental note to remember that it was there and not to hit it while backing out. (See where this is going???)

Half an hour later I'm leaving to go to class and drop off a few things before class and before our big trip. We are all ready to go and I'm in a bit of a hurry so I'm not late to class. I back straight out. Adam parks a little to the right, but not far enough for me to just go straight out without hitting anything. So yeah, I smash into the car. Our brand new pretty car has lots of scratches on the back. And Adam's car? Missing the driver's side mirror. Yes, I am awesome. 

At first I decide to just keep going because there was really nothing else I could do at that point anyway. But since Friday is trash day our trash can is right behind the car at the end of the driveway so then I run into that. I decide to get out and assess the damage. I'm looking at Adam's car and the freaking mirror just falls right off while I'm looking at it. I didn't even touch the thing and it just fell off. Oh yeah and we need a new tail light for the Pilot. Apparently I busted one of the lights inside so it just kind of fell off. Ugh.

ANYWAY, back to the trip. It was a pretty uneventful ride there. Makayla slept for about an hour and a half for her nap. She cried off and on, but I think she was just sick of sitting for so long since she likes to go, go, go all the time. She played with stickers, we tickled her, she ate snacks, she watched a little Planet Earth and slept some more. We stopped for dinner at Denny's because I didn't want any greasy food. (I got a salad.) We got the hotel around 10:30 that night and M had already been asleep for 2 hours by then and I was hoping we could just take her inside without disrupting her sleep too much. I was wrong. Apparently the hotel we stayed at has valet parking only (unless you want to park two blocks away and walk back), so the valet guy opens my door and starts talking super loud and wakes M right up. She didn't cry or anything, so that's good. She was in a delightful mood, so we just went with it. By the time we got everything settled and saw Brian for a few minutes, she was back asleep by 11:30. Not ideal, but hey that's what happens when you travel. Adam and Brian went and hung out that night and I went to sleep after some homework.

Saturday we went to the SD Zoo. It was miserably hot. Like sweating your butt off and don't even really care about the animals hot. We only had to pay for me because military gets in for free, so that was awesome, too since it's $35 a person!! Makayla had a fun time, took a nap in her stroller and we walked for miles. When she napped, we left to go see Body Worlds 2 at some museum that was right next to the zoo. I have been wanting to see that exhibit for a LONG time and I finally did! And it was totally worth it. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. And worth every penny. We ate at this bomb restaurant called Bali Hai that is right on the water and had the best soup I've ever eaten in my life.

Sunday Adam had to do some homework before we went anywhere and then we ate at Pizza Nova. I heart that place. We went there last time we went to SD which was for our one year anniversary, so three years ago. Wow. After that, we went to Fashion Valley Mall because Adam had an appointment to get his iPhone looked at since it doesn't work right. Well it has water damage so the warranty is obsolete. He'll get a new one soon. We hung out there for a while to see if M would go to sleep, but she didn't. So we drove to the GasLamp District and Horton's Plaza to meet up with our friends Ron and Lisa. M finally fell asleep at 3:30pm! She slept for a while, though. We walked around and went to this 'cupcake lounge'. The cupcakes were $3 each, but so good!! We left downtown around 5ish, went back to Brian's house and hung out for a while, went to the hotel to eat a late dinner, put M to bed later than usual since she took a nap so late and then I hung out in the room.

And today was just driving. We were going to go to breakfast with everyone, but it just didn't work out. Oh well. It was great to get to see everyone and hang out. All in all, I had a fun time. M freaked her freak a little bit today too, but it's to be expected. I didn't take that many pictures and we didn't even go to the beach! Bummer. I still heart SD.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was laughing so hard when I read that you backed up into the car. Isn't it funny how the world works? I remember Joey hitting a raccoon and having the bumper fall off before we ever made a first payment on the Kia. Oh well, better you than someone else hit it. San Diego is awesome. I went there before we lived in Cali, and never returned. You'll have to go longer next time.

Nate and Karisa said...

Sounds like a great time! We desperately need to take a family trip! :) Can't wait to see some pics...Makayla is growing up so fast. TTYL.