03 June 2009

Gymnastics

We went to Makayla's first gymnastics class this morning. I signed her up for a class that's on Wednesdays from 9-9:45. It's only for a month, but if she likes it, I'll probably put her in another one whenever it is...

She seemed like she was having a blast. She really liked walking on the balance beam and 'jumping' on the little trampoline they had there. She just kind of hopped up and down on it without picking her feet up.

Of course I forgot my camera, so I don't have any pictures, but I'll take it next Wednesday. Some of the moms seem pretty cool. There's this one mom, though. She seems very pretentious. And her kid has done gymnastics before so she's a pro. Whatev.

Today, we are implementing one naptime. I'm scared. I took a shower after her gymnastics. I was SO sweaty running after her!! Anyway, I took a shower and locked her in the room with me. She screamed almost the whole time, but I'm hoping that the more often I do that, the less she'll scream and she'll just go play with her toys, ya know? Here's hoping....Either way, I put her down a little before noon...fed her her lunch/snack combo before that and hopefully she'll sleep for two hours. :) I'll keep you posted.

In other news, I'm going to start potty training Mrs. next month. I wanted to start when she turned 18 months old, but my brother and sister in law are coming out here on July 4th, so I think I'll wait until after they leave. I bought two books for myself to read about it, though. I'm reading one called Diaper Free Before 3 and according to them, I'm already behind schedule, but I'm not trippin'. I know she'll do it when she'll do it. I'm just here to guide her along. But I really don't believe that people should wait until their kid is 'ready'. Like when is that? When they tell you? Doubtful. I'm not knockin' on any moms or anything, but I definitely don't want to change diapers for a million and three years, so this is what we're doing. 

That's all for now. I tried to upload a really cute video, but it wouldn't work so hopefully in the next couple days, I'll catch up and post pictures and tell all my stories and post the vid. Check back soon!!


1 comment:

The K mama said...

Good luck! You know I totally agree about the "ready" thing.