21 June 2009

Dorkiness

I'm so excited! I am such a dork, but I'm totally excited.


Okay, I'll tell you why. :)

I found this link a long time ago on how to make 'fat' crayons from broken crayons. You need one of those ice cube trays that are different shapes or whatever. I mean, I guess you don't actually need that, but it makes it more fun! Anyway, I ordered one on amazon.com because I'm pretty sure no store has them. I swear I looked everywhere. And it shipped! Hopefully I'll get it by Tuesday! I can't wait to make 'fat' crayons! M has broken almost every single one of her crayons and I don't want them to go to waste. I also ordered some books, too. One for me, one for Adam and one for my dad. 

Also, I really want to make this candle holder thingy that I saw on HGTV the other day. I think I can figure out how to make it on my own....I just need to know what this one thing is called. I think it's called resin, but I'm not totally sure, so if you know what I'm talking about, tell me what it's called! It dries clear and it's hard, like glass when it dries....hope that helps...

Oh yeah and another thing I'm excited about is really stupid, but I'm excited, so shut it. Okay, I have to explain something first, though....I get subscriptions to Parenting and Parents magazines. I used to keep every magazine. I know, what a waste! But they have some really good articles in there! So anyway, a few months ago I tore out everything I wanted to keep and started putting it in  a cute binder I bought. Yay, so fun! Well, I've got like 4 magazines worth I need to organize in there and it's getting a little full...so I bought another binder and I'm going to put all the recipes I've torn out and put them in that one. I know, I'm a dork, but I don't care. I heart organizing!

And another thing I heart?? Clutter free homes. I HEART THEM. I loathe clutter. I loathe having things I don't need or use. It drives me NUTS. I hate having a bunch of knick knacks because to me, it's just another freaking thing I have to dust. Boo. I'd rather just have a clean, flat surface to dust. Much easier and faster. So, we have had this HUGE pile of crap in our garage ever since we moved in (which will be a year in August!) and we finally took it all to Goodwill today! I was so excited to get rid of it! I felt so much lighter after taking it there. HAHA!

Tomorrow is Father's Day! I can't believe it! This year has flown by. Like seriously. June is almost over! And on the 25th, Makayla will be 18 months old. Wowzers.

Adam, M and I went to church tonight. I'm pretty sure it's been close to 6 weeks since I've gone. Things just kept getting in the way and Adam was playing bass tonight, so we went. Now we have all day tomorrow free. We went to look at grills today for Adam for FD. He didn't get one though, because it won't fit in my car with M's carseat and everything, so we're going back tomorrow. I'm so excited! The grill we have right now SUCKS. It's so old. Yuck.

Adam's family left this morning. We had a really nice time with them. The kids are so much fun and little bundles of energy! They definitely kept Makayla entertained. :) 

My mom is in Pennsylvania this weekend for the Hoon reunion. She sent me some pictures of some of my cousins and it made me so happy and so sad at the same time. I was happy to see them, but really sad that I couldn't be there. And none of them have met Makayla! I hate that! The last time I saw my extended family was in August of 2007. And one of my cousins got married and nobody even knew. WTF? How does that even happen?? I guess living across the freaking country is how that happens. But my grandma didn't even know and she lives in the same state. Sad face.

Well, I think that's it for my craftiness and awesomeness and maybe a little bit of dorkiness....

No comments: