15 February 2009

Valentine's Day

So yesterday was Valentine's Day, as you all know. ;)

I'm not really a big V-Day person...I just think it's an overrated holiday that Hallmark made up to get some more money out of foolish men.

Anyway....with that being said, Adam and I always get each other gifts and do something special for each other. Hey, just because it's overrated doesn't mean I'm not going to participate!

Adam got me some personalized M&Ms with Makayla's face on them. They were so adorable! I saved a pack of them to keep forever! Really cute. I haven't taken any pictures yet, but I will. I got Adam the movie Fireproof and the book The Love Dare. I got two copies...one for each of us.

So yesterday afternoon, after Makayla's first nap, Adam took her to the store to get some stuff for dinner and I hopped in the shower. When they came back, we went to Panera for lunch. It was really yummy! I love having one in our town now because I used to always have to drive to Sacramento for the delicious goodness.

We came home and just relaxed with each other while Makayla took her second nap. It's good to relax during nap time because when you have an active toddler, every other part of your day is crazy busy!!

And the best part of the whole day...Adam made me dinner! He made filet mignon, lobster tail, broccoli (my favorite veggie!) and potatoes. It was by far the BEST filet I have ever had in my life. It was so great and I didn't have to do anything! Adam loves to cook, though, so that helps. It was nice and peaceful and romantic because Makayla was sound asleep and we got to enjoy our dinners. After dinner, he made dessert...strawberry shortcake! My favorite fruit! My man knows me, right?! :D

So after all the eating, which was a lot!, we watched Fireproof. It was the best movie I have ever seen. Seriously. Anyone who's married who reads my blog should watch this movie with their spouse. You will not be disappointed.

Today, Makayla and I are super sick. She's been feeling it for a couple days...getting up in the middle of the night...not falling asleep as fast as normal...but today, she's really been coughing and super upset. She hardly napped, too. Maybe we'll have better luck at the afternoon nap. Adam played bass at church this morning and M and I stayed home. We need our rest.

Also today, we started The Love Dare. It's already wonderful. It is not a challenge to be taken lightly and it will take a lot of work, but I am ready for that! Our marriage is by no means falling apart, but I always want to work to keep/make it stronger.

I also keep forgetting to mention that Makayla is no longer breastfeeding anymore. I'm glad I did it for as long as I did, but I'm also kinda glad we're done. Her last time was February 11 at lunchtime. It's sad, but we had a good run. I am definitely proud of myself for sticking it out, though.

So there you have it. My V-Day. It rocked. And today sucks. Cuz I'm sickly.

1 comment:

amanda said...

so sorry about the sickness - truly no fun. hope everyone is healthy soon!