24 February 2009

14 Months Old



Makayla is going to be 14 months old tomorrow! I still can't believe how fast time has gone by. It seems like just yesterday, I was pushing her out of me! But here we are...14 months later and she's a totally different person.

Here are some things that are going on in Makayla's small world...

•She still only has four teeth. Yes, she's 14 months old and has only four teeth. I know it's weird, but at least she has four, right?!
•She loves to climb on anything and everything. She's constantly climbing over our legs and just today she learned how to climb on this video game chair we have in the living room. So cute!
•If you tell her to turn the page in one of her books, she does. And she closes the book when you tell her to, too. She's been doing that for a while, but I'm not sure if I wrote that on here before or not.
•She has been on the best schedule imaginable since she was about 9 months old and has been sleeping through the night since she was 11 months old. I know that's late, but I'll take what I can get!
•She eats pretty much any food we give her, but the veggies have to be hidden in ranch or yogurt or something to that effect.
•She stands on her own!!
•She walks a few steps at a time and then lunges her arms forward, so you have to catch her.
•She will always walk when you hold one of her hands. I think we need to buy her some walking shoes!
•She still sucks her thumb and I am totally okay with that.
•She only drinks from a sippy cup. Yay!
•She points at everything and anything under the sun.
•She loves animals of any type and always points and screeches at them.
•If she is in a bad mood and very whiny, all we have to do is take her outside for a few minutes and then she's cool. I think she likes the change of scenery.
•She ALWAYS screams when we are at a restaurant. It doesn't matter where or when or what she's doing, she screams. It's super. Not.
•When prompted, she will give kisses. Only to Mommy and Daddy, though. As it should be. And big, fat, slobbery open mouth kisses, which are the best kind, naturally. :)
•She loves to open and close cabinet doors and drawers. She always gets into my makeup and throws everything around. It's fun!
•Whenever she gets into her drawer in the kitchen (it has all of her sippy cups, bowls, plates, etc.), she will grab a sippy cup lid and start sucking on it expecting milk or juice to come out. Love it!
•She loves to push her stroller with her baby doll in it all over the house. It's the first thing she plays with after breakfast in the morning. She also really enjoys pulling the 'coins' out of her piggy bank. She hasn't mastered putting them back in the slot, but she'll get there.

I know there are more things, but every time I go to write a post like this, I forget what I want to write! Maybe I'll add more later...

She's just great, though. I couldn't imagine my life without her. She's made me a better person and is such a blessing in my life. She may not be the most well behaved baby, but I don't care. She's perfect to me and that's all that matters. ♥

1 comment:

Nate and Karisa said...

Hey Lindsey! Love the new pics....Makayla is getting so freakin big! I can't believe how fast it all goes by. Audrey is already sitting up and lunging forward and so much fun! So much work too but every minute is worth it. Audrey is so sick right now and that is definitely not fun but you know about that. :) Well, I just wanted to say hi and say you have a cutie on your hands!