27 January 2009

Ponderings of the Moment

I've been feeling really sick today. Like my stomach is aching...it hurt before lunch and I thought about not eating anything, but I still nourish a baby, so I figured that probably wouldn't really be a great idea. So I ate something.

I still feel really sick. My stomach hurts no matter how I sit, lay, stand, whatever. It's not fun. On top of that, Adam is gone for the whole week, so I'm stuck taking care of a teething baby by myself, with no one around to give me even a two minute break. And then I realized something during all this moping I've been doing today....

I have a really great life. The things I complain about or the things that upset/bother me are so ridiculously minor, it's unreal. And so very, very petty.

I've got a great and wonderful husband who supports me in everything I want to do. He supports our family by going to work every day, even when he's completely exhausted. He loves Makayla more than anything. And he just all out adores me. 

I've got a beautiful baby girl who I adore more and more every single day. She is usually such an easy baby, but when she's got teeth coming in, it's a different story. So that's what we're dealing with this week, but other than that, she's so perfect. She's healthy and she's super happy. Amazing.

I've got an awesome family and super great friends, too! They all support me, even when I screw up big time. I've gotten rid of the "friends" I had in my life that were not lifting me up and encouraging me and since then, my life has just gone up and up! :)

So I am blessed beyond measure. And that's just a few of the things that are so wonderful in my life. There's definitely more!

Today I found out that one of my friends had a miscarriage yesterday. I have never had a miscarriage, so I have no idea how that feels. She has been trying to get pregnant for a very long time, too, so add salt to the wound, right? Luckily, she loves Jesus and I know He is getting her through this tough time.

I also found out that one of my friends is going to be losing his job. He has a family. That must be extremely difficult. He also is a Believer and what a blessing that is! The economy right now is so not good and I know that, so I can't even imagine what his family is dealing with right now.

There are two women's blogs who I read on a daily basis and both of their babies had to go into the NICU immediately after birth. They were in critical condition for a long time, but both babies are getting much better. They both are lovers of Jesus, as well. It's just such a testimony to see these people that I don't even know have such faith and love and trust in God. 

It's hard to know that these things are happening. I feel for each and every one of these people and I know there are other things that are going on in my friend's lives that I don't even know about or can't remember at the moment. My point is I've got it better than I think. You've got it better than you think. The grass is always greener on the other side...

No comments: