26 January 2009

13 Months

Yesterday marked Makayla's 13 month birthday. I seriously can't believe that she was just 1 month old this time last year. It's mind boggling to me.

She is the most stunning and wonderful child. She absolutely adores me and Adam, which is awesome for us! :)

She takes two naps a day and sleeps for at least an hour both time...her afternoon nap is usually an hour and a half or two hours, though.

She's getting her top two teeth and I'm so excited for them to come in! It's been a rough last few days because of those bad boys.

She has the coolest hairdo after she wakes up from a nap. Today it was all sticking straight up.

She loves to suck her thumb and stick her other hand down my shirt and I am totally okay with that.

She recently learned the lovely art of picking her nose. It's hilarious. She has also discovered the fun that is smacking her forehead into the ground whenever she gets pissed when I don't give her something. Yeah, that's not so fun.

She loves drinking juice from a sippy cup.

She climbs on anything and everything. She has even started climbing our stairs. It's pretty fun to watch and we are right there when she does it. She also enjoys climbing on my legs to get on the couch or even on the ottoman to get on the couch. It's super fun!

She is not weaned yet, but we're getting there. I'm okay with the fact that it's taking longer than I wanted it to. I'm kinda not really ready to give it up completely yet, either. It's a great comfort for her, so I enjoy it.

She's been sleeping through the night, like twelve hours, since December 1, 2008. Even though she's teething, she's still not getting up in the middle of the night.

My child is amazing. Every day she learns something new. Every day she teaches me more and more patience and love. I never knew I could love someone so much.

***************************

In other news, Adam is gone for the week. In LA. Without me. Sucks. So I'm all alone...just me and M until Thursday night.

I'm crocheting a blanket for our family room. It's pretty sweet and I'm happy to be tapping into my awesome creative abilities again. I stopped for a while because I didn't just want to make a million scarves, blankets, etc. and have nothing to do with them. But yeah, it's really fun and I intend to keep it up.

I'm also making a photo book on Shutterfly...of Makayla's first year. I know I'm kinda behind, but I will catch up. Swear.

Adam's brother, Paul, was here last week. It was really nice for him to come visit us. We had a lot of fun...we ate sushi on Saturday night in Sacramento and it was AWESOME!!! We had a really great visit and by the time Uncle Paul left, Makayla was just warming up to him. :)

We have had a super busy January 2009. It has been a wonderful one, though. The rest of the year doesn't look like it's going to slow down at all, either. So I'm pretty excited.

Well, I'm off to change a poopy diaper! One of the perks of being a Mommy.... :D

No comments: