25 September 2008

9 Months!

Today is Makayla's 9 month birthday! I can't believe it's already been 9 months and in just 3 short months, she will be turning 1!! Wow.

So yesterday, I was having a huge fiasco with her trying to take any sort of nappage. Well the same thing happened today and I was so exhausted that I just left her in her crib and she cried and cried and cried and then silence.

I went in to check on her.
She fell asleep sitting up.
With her head against the crib slats.
Sad!

She did the same thing yesterday, but today she slept like that for 20 minutes. But she sure did learn! Because for her later nap, she slept for 40 minutes after I put her down. Go her! :)

She is a little crawling machine...going all over our house. And our house is not the cleanest right now because it's still under construction. She's fine, though.

I gave Makayla Cheerios yesterday for the first time and she fed them to herself and everything! So proud!! I guess that's all it took for her to know what to do...some Cheerios.

Today, she just kept shoveling them in her mouth. It was so cute! I'm pretty sure she's gonna be made out of Cheerios at this rate. Oh well, that's fine with me. She loves 'em!

I love her so very, very much.
Despite the still very sleepless nights.
And days now, too.
She is perfect.

2 comments:

Christy said...

What a big girl! Izzy fell asleep sitting up too. I thought it was cute - not sad.

Becks said...

Hooray for Cheerios! Sophia is this way with cheese. I think she is made of cheese! :)