30 May 2008

Out of shape much?

Oh. My. Goodness.
Yesterday, I discovered a new game that Makayla just l♥ves!!! It just so happens to be a great workout, as well. Yay Mommy!

So, this new game consists of me holding her and holding her head as well, because things can get a little crazy, and then I basically do squats and say 'baby girl!' and when we come back up, she just smile so big and squeals with delight! It's very satisfying to see something so ordinary delight your child beyond your wildest dreams! We probably did that 100 times yesterday and now my thighs are feeling the burn. My back also hurts, too. I know it's the muscles that are burning and it's that feel good sensation when you know you did something good for your body, but at the same time, I hurt!! I went to lay Makayla down on her mat this morning and I almost fell on top of her from the pain! I'm not even kidding. It's kinda depressing that I'm that outta shape, but whatev. I'll get over it.

Last night, I got to go to dinner with Stephanie. We went to Panera and just chatted it up. It was really nice to reconnect with her and I hope we get to do it more often. Then, I got to go to Target {baby free!} and buy whatever I wanted. OK, OK, I didn't go crazy and buy a bunch of crap, but I got to spend money and it was fun! I don't go many places, so it was nice to go there and be baby free! I got her some sippy cups because one day, she'll be using them! And some more spoons and bowls. They're so flipping cute and I had coupons, so why not, right? That's what I say...

I've decided that I'm going to write down all the memorable things Makayla has done thus far in her life. I've been meaning to do that anyway, but now I'm going to make a point of it. I mean, seriously. I want her to have something when she grows up to read and laugh about. Like, when she pooped on her daddy's hand at 5 days old. Or when she first blewout her diaper when we were at Red Lobster with some "friends". Hilarity is always right around the corner with this child, I tell ya.

My days are never dull because she's in them. It's a wonderful feeling to know that you've created something so perfect and so amazingly beautiful. If you don't have kids, you should get them. HA! You can't purchase them at the store, silly. Geez, what were you thinking?

No comments: