09 May 2008

Always amazes me.

That is what Makayla does. Every day this child does something that just amazes the heck outta me! Yesterday, she rolled over from her back to her belly!!!! Scroll down to see pictures...

AND THEN, she not only rolled over yesterday....she also slept from 10:30 pm until 6 am! WHHHHHHHAAAT?!?! Did I just enter a parallel universe?

This is the child that used to get up 6 times a night. Yes, six. Feel sorry for me now. We miraculously somehow got it down to two times, but that is where we have stayed for quite some time now. So, the normal middle of the night routine was usually wake up around 1:30-2:00 am, change, feed, put back down asleep. Wake up. Play in crib for an hour. Back to sleep after much screaming. Wake again at 4:00 am, change, feed, put back down awake. Mommy can't get up at 4:00 am and be ready to go, child! Cry, cry, cry, cry. Mommy check. Cry, cry, cry....you get the idea. Sleep for probably 20 minutes...up at 6:00 am. For the day.

That's the basic nighttime schedule and what I've been dealing with. NO SLEEP.

There was ONE, count it, ONE, time that she slept through the entire night without waking up at all. I have no idea what happened that day, but I know that I didn't get anymore sleep because I was up every hour making sure she was still breathing! 

So, back to last night, she woke up at 10:30 pm. I changed her, fed her and put her back down, anticipating her waking up in the next few moments. Nada. She arose at around 4:15 am and was crying, so I went in and checked on her and she was still sleeping, so I let her be. Same thing again 45 minutes later. Let her be. 

Up at 6:00 am and actually happy! Wowzers!!

AND, to top it all off, when we put her down last night after her routine of eating, bathing, baby massage and rocking...SHE FELL ASLEEP WITHOUT CRYING AT ALL!!! 

Oh. My. Gosh.

Where did my child go? 

So, needless to say, I am trying to make today happen EXACTLY as yesterday happened. What did I eat yesterday? What time did I eat it at? Where did we go? What time? When did I feed her? Naps, etc? You get the gist....

There is obviously no way for everything to happen as it did yesterday, but last night was a dream come true and I can only pray that it will continue this way. Forever.

She sure is amazing!!!

Oh yeah! And then, when I put her down for her nap this morning, SHE DIDN'T CRY to fall asleep! My baby rocks my socks! I just started {today} rocking her for about 10 minutes before I put her down in cribby crib. Maybe that's the ticket? Who knows?

I guess we'll wait and see. I'll keep you all posted. ;)

No comments: