11 December 2013

Therapy. Life. Stuff.

I started going to therapy. I'm not ashamed to say it. I've had a lot of issues to work out and I can't do it all with my husband, no matter how supportive and sweet he is. So today was my first day. It was kinda freeing. I love getting to talk to someone else and know that she's not judging me. Because it's her job NOT to judge me. That's all I'm gonna say about that. :)

We've been snowed in for the past year five days. It's seemed like forever! Life shuts down here when it snows. It actually iced and the roads were covered in ice. We did go out Saturday morning because we were going to take the girls to see Frozen but we didn't get to because the roads were frozen! HA! We stopped at the grocery store because we had like zero food. Adam ran in and got us some stuff and then we hunkered down for the next four days. It was kind of crazy. By Monday, a lot of the ice was melted so Adam went back to work while Makayla still had off school. Then she had off yesterday, too! And she definitely could have gone back. I think the school just wanted to have another day off. ;)

Before we got iced in, Makayla was off school for three days because she had the flu and an ear infection! We took the girls to the doctor on the 3rd and then started them on meds right away. The other girls never got the flu, thank goodness. But Addi had a little cough and Kiki had nothing!

I took Makayla out on a date to BJ's Restaurant and Target on the 5th, which is when the freezing rain started. The roads were pretty crummy that night but we got through it and picked out some stuff for her birthday party that's happening in January!! She was so excited and she kept talking about how our last date was in Ohio when we went to 'paint stuff and you made that owl for Addi, remember Mommy?' We went to All Fired Up and she painted an ice cream cone and I painted an owl bank for Addi and Kiki. It was waaaaay too long ago and I LOVE taking the girls out on little dates by themselves. It's nice to have that one on one time with each of them after having them all together, at each other's throats, for so long.

Adam and Makayla went and got our Christmas tree on the 8th...finally! It was way later than I wanted to get it, but better late than never, right? We decorated it the next day, which the girls loved! We let them each pick out a new ornament every year for the tree...it's one of our traditions. We went way back in November (the 23rd) to get our ornaments. Makayla picked a ballerina girl, Addi picked a unicorn and Kalkidan picked a cupcake. We got a little black and white kitty for Mittens, Adam picked a cowboy for our move to Texas and I picked a bird because, well, birds are my thing.

Adam's dad, stepmom and sisters came to visit for Thanksgiving! We had a great time with them. We went to eat Habesha food for Thanksgiving dinner and it was amazing! I'm thinking about making it a tradition for us! It makes sense...Kalkidan came home on Thanksgiving Day last year so it would be perfect. Almost everyone loved it and we had a lot of fun just hanging out and being together. We also went to the site where JFK was assassinated, which was totally cool to get to see. We went to the stockyards the Friday after Thanksgiving and had a blast there. Then the girls and I went to see Catching Fire that night. It was amazing!!! We had a great time in their short visit and I can't wait for them to stay longer next time! :)

And here we are. Just doing life in Texas. I've been neglecting the blog again, but I feel like that means I'm living life and enjoying being in the moment. That's what I tell myself, at least.

I'm so excited for our first year 'doing' Santa with the girls!!! We got an Elf on the Shelf and Makayla named him Pillow. The girls have LOVED waking up every morning to see where he's landed after his flight to the North Pole each night! It has been a lot of fun and I can't wait for Christmas! I can't believe my baby girl will be six. It's not even possible!

No comments: