09 November 2013

I Don't Know.

I asked Adam what to title this blog post and that's what he came up with so I'm going with it. I guess I don't really have much to say except that I love my life. Texas has been so good to me.

Makayla LOVES school and has been learning so much! She's already reading books, which I think is amazing! I know sometimes people brag about their kids on Facebook and you're all, 'Ugh, get over it. You think your kid is amazing, blah blah blah.' I know. I feel the same way about those people, too. But this is my blog and that's how I roll. :) And I think there's a good way to brag about your kids and then an annoying way to brag about your kids. But that's another topic for another day. I digress...

They have these baggy books that they do in Kindergarten at Makayla's school and she is flying through them. I'm amazed at how much she is learning! She loves going to school to hang out with her friends and she always has awesome stories to tell us when she comes home. It's so rad having a kid in school. I feel like I get to relive school again through her!

Addison is pretty much hilarious all the time. Lately her big saying is, 'It's not funny!' usually when she's very upset and we might be laughing because she is so stinking adorable. And so I say, 'It's a little funny.' and she says, 'Hilarious!' And then we all start laughing. It's hilarious and you might have to be there, but she's fantastic!

Kalkidan is kind of starting to come out of her shell. We have been having lots of issues with potty training, but we work on it every day. We had her 12 month post placement visit last week and it went great! So now all we've got left is an annual report that we will send to Ethiopia yearly until she is 18. But we do that on her own. Here's to no more social workers! ;)

Lately I've been cooking dinner every night and I LOVE it! It's so much fun to actually make a nice, healthy meal for my family and for them to love it, too! And I'm pretty sure we're saving money, but I don't really know. I used to think that I hated cooking, but now I realized that I just never did it and thought that I hated it. But I really do love it! It's fun to get in the kitchen and make a mess and then clean it all up. I kind of love cleaning things. I'm bananas, I know. But it's just how I roll. See the theme here? ;)

Last weekend I went away to Dallas for the weekend and it was so much fun! Adam sent me to a hotel by myself for two days and I took full advantage...slept until noon, didn't go anywhere, stayed in my pjs all day and only got up to get dinner. I finished Season 2 of Hart of Dixie, which is one of my favorite shows ever!

Adam and I took the girls to the library on Thursday and we finally got library cards! It's so nice to be reading again! I've been missing my free books lately. I've been trying to read Eat, Pray, Love for over a month and I just cannot do it. I can't get through it! It is SO boring!! So I've moved on. I WILL finish that book for posterity, though. One day. But not today. HAHA!

I guess that's my update for now! I kinda let myself slip on the blogging side again, but thankfully I've been keeping notes of all the adorable things the girls do every day so I can share with them when they get older. Makayla already loves watching videos of herself from when she was younger. It's so fun to share memories with them!!

Life in Texas is great! The only thing that kinda stinks is the traffic. I feel like it takes quadruple the amount of time to get anywhere, ever. But we are getting used to it. And Adam doesn't get home until almost 6 because of that, so that's another thing that blows. But we all get by and we are having so much fun bonding as a family and just enjoying each other. It's been an amazing month here and we are looking forward to being here for a long, long time! We've got Adam's family coming to visit for Thanksgiving, which I am totally excited about!! November is going to be another great month!

No comments: