25 May 2012

4 Years, 5 Months.

Dear Makayla,

Today you are 4 years and 5 months old!! You are the best big sister in the entire world...of that I am sure.
You held baby Genova for the first time today and you are so sweet with her! You've loved giving her kisses and holding her hand. It is so sweet!! You are natural little mommy. You even started going 'shhhhhh, shhhhhh, shhhhhh' when she was crying today. And I know how needed that made you feel...which made me one proud mama. You are SO needed, baby girl.

You are so much fun to be around!! And you are so hilarious! You're always coming up with these cute little voices to use when you're playing with your Ponies and Littlest Ketchops, as you call them.

You're also a little sassy pants and have quite the attitude. You really like to cover your ears when we try to tell you something that you shouldn't be doing. We are not a fan of that. :)

The other day I was wearing a shirt that has the United States and Africa on it and in between there is an airplane flying from one to the other. You looked at it and said, 'Mommy you're flying from there to Africa soon! To see other peoples' babies...but not ours yet.' Then you said, 'Is that where we live?' while pointing to the US. You recognized Africa, but not the United States. And honestly? That made my heart happy. I should probably teach you what the United States looks like, but hello? You know what Africa looks like...and that is amazing.
I love you like no other. You made me a mama and for that I am so very, very thankful.

I love you forever,
Mommy

2 comments:

Janet Christine said...

Okay this is all just too, too precious. Totally stalkerized and copied these pics. Your girl is just so beautiful and I love how she is loving Baby G.

Jessica said...

She is such a little you. :)

I love that she knows what Africa looks like! She can learn about America later. :)