25 April 2012

Great Day.

Today Makayla is 4 years and 4 months old! I can't believe how fast these kids grow up! She is so much fun and such a joy to our family. I didn't get any pictures of her today, sadly. :(

Well, today was an all around awesome day!! Makayla spent the day at Nana's house, which she loves to do! On the way there she kept saying, 'Addi, you're not getting out at Nana's. Only me. It's me and Nana Day today.' Love her! So she was there all day and Addi and I came home and just played together all morning. We had a fun little lunch at home.

I got some AWESOME news this afternoon and I'm not going to share with you (Don't worry, Mom. You already know. ;) And Nate, I'll tell you.)!! It's kind of a secret right now. And it does not have to do with our adoption. Totally vague, I know, but after yesterday's drama I went through, this was fabulous news to get. :)

I also got my travel itinerary for my mission trip!! Woohoo!!! I am getting more and more excited with every day that passes. I really had to say OUT LOUD that I am going to Ethiopia!!! I'm not quite sure that it has sunken in yet that I will be traveling out of the country and to another continent!! And my baby is there!!! So crazy awesome.

Addi took a wonderful nap and I got some random stuff done around the house, caught up on some shows and just enjoyed the peace and quiet. :) Also, Adam got a job at Chipotle today!! Wahoo!! Yep, my husband will do anything he can to bring this baby home. I love him so much.

Oh yes, I can't forget that I got my Flip in the mail today!! I won an auction on eBay last week and got a Flip for about half the price...and it was brand new in the box!! I played around with it a bit, but I'm looking forward to getting some good videos of the girls tomorrow.

I went to pick Makayla up after Adam got home and after I made dinner. I know, I totally rocked today. So after I went to pick her up, I wanted to spend some one on one time with her, so I took her to Panera for dinner. Yeah, right after I made dinner at home. She loved it. I loved it. That's all that matters. :) Then on the way home, Makayla kept saying, 'Okay Mommy. Tell me about when you were a baby.' I was like what?! So I made some stuff up about how I rarely cried and I was an awesome baby. HA! She liked it.

We came home from our fun little dinner out and Adam put the girls to bed while I left to head to my mom's house for ANTM Night. Went to Target before going to her place to get a packing envelope for something we sold on Amazon. This week, we have sold two things on eBay and three books on Amazon for our adoption! Every dollar counts!! :)

That was my totally awesome day today.

And I also read this today:

"More than half of all Africans do not have access to modern health facilities. The result is ten million annual deaths from the four most common preventable diseases: diarrhea, acute respiratory illness, malaria, and measles. In many cases, one simple shot could save a life."

"All one can say is that whereas the poor in Kinshasa (DRC) complain about the price of bread, the poor in Kentucky complain about the price of motor insurance...If poor Americans were to compare their standard of living with what is normal elsewhere in the world, let alone in Congo, they would see they have little cause for discontent." -The Poor Will Be Glad

Makes you really think about how good you have it, no matter what your circumstances, doesn't it?

"Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs." -Psalm 100:2

No comments: