12 November 2011

Day 12: Being Thankful.

We went to our very first adoption conference today and it was amazing. I'm still reeling from all the information I learned.

Anyway, I am thankful for our adoption community. I'm thankful that there are adoption conferences to go to so that we can learn more about what our child will need before he/she comes home. Though it was mostly geared towards kids that are already home, I learned A LOT and have a ton of notes to go back and look at once our precious babe is home.

I'll go into it more later on, but today I'm just thankful that we had the opportunity to go to this conference. It was very eye opening. And it was nice to have a 3 hour drive each way to enjoy with my husband. We had so much fun this weekend. It's nice to reconnect with your spouse, especially after having kids. It's also kind of necessary.

Wow, tangent.

Okay, recap: thankful for adoption conferences, community AND fun times with the hubs. :)

No comments: