1. learn to sew- 1 project a month I haven't sewn anything this month and it's almost over, so this one's out. Here's hoping February will be better. I just can't figure out a great place to set up my sewing machine in this house! I feel like it'll wake the girls anywhere I put it.
2, lose 50 lbs. (my real goal is 80 lbs.) I've already lost 5.5, so I'm on my way! YAY! This is the biggest one for me and the most important, so I can start to feel better about myself.
3. be a better mom- take my girls more places, do more fun things with them ie: projects at home, etc. Blanket resolution? Yes, but it's still important. I feel like I don't do enough with the girls. I limit myself and I'm so sick of it. We're going to do fun things this year. Make awesome memories.
4. spend less time on the computer I'm really trying with this one. I spend too much time on the computer during the day and I always feel guilty about not spending enough time with the girls. I've stopped getting on AS much, but there is still definitely room for improvement.
5. iron Adam's clothes once a week They've all been ironed! I just hate ironing, so this is a biggie for me. :)
6. go to bed by 10:30 every night Yeah, fail. Except for maybe two nights. But it's already 10:43 here. I seriously need to work on this one, too though because M wakes up at 7:30 every morning and I'm always tired!
7. take a photography class This WILL be done. I'm already doing my 52 week project, which I'm loving! It's super fun and I want to learn more, more, more!!
8. read two books a month, at least I read one book in January, so far. It's called Didn't I Feed You Yesterday? Cute, easy read. And I just started The Hunger Games a couple days ago. LOVE. I may or may not be finished with the first book by the end of the month. Also? I heart my Kindle.
9. read my Bible more often I really need to work on this one. It's not that I dislike reading my Bible. I love it, actually. But I always seem to find something more 'important' to do. Ugh.
10. get involved with our new church Adam's already plugged in, playing bass. Now it's my turn. We just got a new Senior Pastor, so with the new direction we're going, I'm excited to see where I'm needed.
11. build our dream home Our loan is getting approved tomorrow!! YES! And we're signing the closing papers Monday! It's really happening! SO excited!!
12. blog (really blog) once a week I think I've been doing pretty good. I've still got some reviews and giveaways lined up, but I really want to get back into the reason I started this blog in the first place. For my girls.
13. go back to California Hopefully this summer. I really miss In N Out. And Parkway.
14. plan our trip to Ireland (and save for it!!) Oh yes, Ireland IS happening. Don't know when, don't know how, but it will. And I'm super stoked for the possibilities.
15. go to therapy for my anxiety issues This is a biggie. I really want to start going to therapy. I've got a lot of issues I need to work out. Things I have bottled up or things I unload on Adam. It's not fair, so I'm going to talk to someone who isn't affected. I know it'll be good for me.
So that's that. I'm really excited about the prospect of a new year. I can't believe January is almost over. Nuts, right?! But I think I'm doing pretty good on my resolutions so far. I'm happy. And excited. I think I already said all that. I love a new year. Fresh start. It's what I'm about. :D