14 December 2010

This Week

Well, it's only Tuesday (night), but still, this week has already been amazing.

Yesterday, I was on point. I did all the dishes, got all the laundry done (and folded, which has been a HUGE feat lately!), made dinner in the morning and stuck it in the crock pot (more on that later), did cloth diaper laundry, made a gingerbread tree with M and had a happy baby all day long!

It was a really great day. It was snowing super hard and I'm not sure how much snow we actually got, but I know it was a lot. Adam came home early from work even! He left at around 2ish and got home around 3:15, so it took him a little while to get home, but he did so safe and sound. :)

Today he didn't go into work because the roads were pretty bad and there was still a warning out or whatever.

Also yesterday morning, Makayla was watching Diego while I was making our delicious dinner and all of a sudden, I heard her yelling about something, but I couldn't understand her. So I rush into the living room and I ask her what's wrong and she has her arms spread wide open and says, "Hug!" She was watching Diego and just wanted a hug. Talk about melting my heart!! I love that girl so much. I can't believe she'll be 3 in 11 days! ELEVEN. DAYS. Be still my heart.

So what was for dinner last night, you ask? Only Chicken Tortilla Soup. Yeah, I did that. I'm still proud of myself. I don't cook very often and it's not that I can't cook. It's just that I don't like to. It's never been really fun for me to try to think of what I can 'whip up' and all that jazz. I hate meal planning and I would much rather just grab Chipotle or Arby's to be completely honest. Whatevs. But hey, I did it yesterday. And it totally wasn't bad! Or hard. Which always seems to surprise me. I don't know why. I mean, I know cooking's not hard, but I still hate doing it. Maybe I'll get better at cooking more often in 2011. A girl can dream, right? :D

Also yesterday, during Addi's first nap, M and I made a Gingerbread Tree! Don't worry, it was from a box. I'm not that nuts. I just don't see the point in making freaking gingerbread that you're not even going to eat anyway. Lame. Either way, it was totally fun and I have a ton of pictures, but they're still on my camera, so maybe I'll post them tomorrow. Probably not, but whatever.

So today was fun. Daddy was home with us all day, which was nice. I kept feeling like I couldn't talk to him though, because he was working from home. He shoveled the driveway and sidewalk. Makayla has been LOVING when he does that because we knock on the window and he will come up and throw snow at the window. It's the cutest thing because she loves it so freaking much. And then she'll start yelling for him when she can see him, but he's way far away. It's adorbs.

Tonight, our Christmas fun was letting M stay up past her bedtime to watch How The Grinch Stole Christmas with me and Adam. Addi was a grouchy girl, so she went to bed early, so movie time started earlier than anticipated, so M was actually in bed by 8:30, which is only 1/2 hour after her bedtime anyway. She was SO excited before the movie, though. We told her about it at dinner and from then on, she was talking about the movie. I read her the book before we watched it, so she'd know what was going on. We watched the non-animated version with Jim Carrey. Funny. M really loved getting to stay up and watch it. Though I know she was pretty tired and ready for bed. How? Well, I asked her. HA! Also, she keeps saying that the Grinch is going to come steal our tree. I tell her he won't, but I don't think she believes me. She doesn't seem to be scared of him, though, so that's good. He ends up returning everything in the end, anyway.

Before I forget, every night before Makayla goes to bed now, we have a dance party. That part is not new, but the song that we do it to is. Ke$ha's 'We R Who We R'. Oh yeah, that's right. And she calls it 'The Superstar Song'. She loves it. And there's this one part in the song where it gets kinda slow before it gets fast again, so we hunch down, waiting for it, with our hands out, palms down and then when it comes back up again, we dance wildly. I love it. And I love that she tells us to 'dance louder'. HA!

Also, Addison has started rolling over onto her belly in the middle of the night or during naps. Now I don't care if she sleeps on her belly, since she can roll over, but she hates it, which means she won't sleep. Which sucks. So I'm not sure what to do about that.

I'm pretty sure we've also transitioned down to two naps now, which will (hopefully!) make my life slightly easier. She's usually up for 2 hours at a time before needing to nap again. So today, she woke up from her second nap around 2:30 and I tried to put her down at 4:30 and she SCREAMED for a 1/2 hour before I went to save her. But then she was asleep by 6:30 for bed. And then she woke up at 9:45, screaming. I went to go get her and she was on her side, with her arm pinned under her. And I tried taking her sleep positioner out, but she hated that. Or maybe I just hated it, because immediately, she rolled over, which meant if I didn't put it back in, no sleep for me. And Mama Bear needs her sleep, yo.

So that's that.

I still have from December 1st-12th to cover on here. I've got notes galore all over my house, with stuff I need to remember. I'll do it. Hopefully tomorrow. Along with those pictures, hey? When the heck did life get so freaking busy?

I've still got 97% of my presents to wrap, which is really pissing me off. And also? I'm not even done shopping. I've only got a few things left to get, but still. I'm just ready to enjoy this holiday season. And I have to plan Makayla's 3rd birthday party, too! GAH!

No comments: