02 July 2010

She's Here!!!






I'm sure most of you already know that we finally had our baby!!! Addison Riley was born Wednesday, June 23rd at 11:51am. She weighed 7 lb. 7 oz. and was 19 in. long. She is perfect and healthy in every way!!

We had a lot of things that did go wrong at first, though. She had meconium in her amniotic fluid (just like her big sister!) and the cord was wrapped around her neck twice when she came out. All of that made her have an APGAR score of 1 at 1 minute. Scary! Thankfully, I didn't know any of that (except the meconium) until after she was born and healthy and alive.

We have been doing great and I can't believe it's already been over a week since I had her! She's been doing really well with sleeping at night so far and I pray that she keeps it up. Last night she was only up twice and she ate and went right back to sleep. Praise the Lord! Before last night she was getting up three times a night, which still isn't bad, especially when she goes right back to sleep. I'm kinda sad I didn't write this blog when M was born because I'd love to go back and see how much she was awake in the middle of the night. It was a lot, I know that much.

Makayla just adores her little sister, which has been an amazing blessing, as well. She always wants to hold her and give her toys. She's already been sharing everything with her. :) And there hasn't been any potty regression, either. I pray that keeps up, as well!!

All in all, we have been very blessed...and very busy around here! My mom is still here until the 13th and she has been a tremendous help! She's always doing dishes, taking care of one of the girls and she cleaned my bathrooms for me!! I don't think I could have done this without her here, especially since Adam went right back to work after Addison was born.

Also, since I'm thinking about it, I want to write some really adorable things that Makayla says and does these days:

•She runs around saying, "Say bana!". We have no idea what it means, but it's hilarious.
•She also says, "Dora the Explorer!!" really, really cute. I have a video of it.
•Every time she hears a sound and she doesn't know what it is, she says, "What that make sound?"

Of course there is more, but at the moment I can't think of anything. Ugh. Hopefully I'll remember more and add to the list. :D

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Yay for Addison being here!!!
I'm glad she did/is doing well. I read that about 80-85% of babies have a loop of cord wrapped around their neck when delivered, and it's usually no big deal, but gee, twice? That was pretty talented of her!! lol