06 June 2010

16 Days...

So right now, I have 16 days left until my due date...almost 15 days. WOW, right?

I feel like I'm SO ready. Adam and I did some more cleaning today. He moved the fridge for me and cleaned behind it and cleaned the outside of it. Man, underneath that thing was nasty. He also cleaned the inside of the stove for me and now it's all bright and shiny again!

We cleaned all the windows and blinds downstairs, too. I also deep cleaned the downstairs bathroom.

I'm feeling a lot better because almost everything I want cleaned before this baby gets here is cleaned. We've still got the baseboards to do downstairs and take everything out of the cabinets in the kitchen and clean that stuff up. And there are just little odds and ends things here and there, too. I just really like to be prepared.

Yesterday Adam and I got to go on a date because our church had a babysitting thing for the evening, so that was really nice! We paid $10 to leave Makayla there for 2 1/2 hours and we got to go to Olive Garden for dinner and then pick up some laundry detergent. I know, I know. What are you talking about, Lindsey? Well, to clean cloth diapers, you need to have special laundry detergent with no enzymes, fabric softeners, smelly stuff, etc. SO, I have been on the hunt to find some at a store, rather than having to always purchase it online and pay ridiculous amounts for shipping and always worry about running out.

ANYWAY.

There's this chick that lives in the next town over that sells cloth diapers and accessories online. When we were going to CD M, we bought our very first FuzziBunz from her. She had some (so I've heard) really great detergent for diapers, so I emailed her to see if I could pick it up from her. Long story short, she was 1 1/2 hours late calling me the first day to meet in my town, so I told her we'd come get it the next day, which was yesterday. Well, we did and I spent $28 on two bags of detergent that will only do 90 loads of cloth diaper laundry! Yes, I'm serious. I mean, I knew it was going to cost that much before we went, but I have looked at SO many stores around here to see if they have any of the recommended detergents and well, Target, WalMart and some other places don't.

So, AFTER we spent that crazy amount of money (at least I didn't pay shipping!!), we went to The Nugget, which is this totally awesome grocery store in California, and we found one of the approved detergents!! A four star one, at that!! I told Adam I NEEDED it, so we got it. Yay! And this bad boy will do 210 loads of laundry for $17! Awww, yeah!!

I guess you can probably tell I'm really excited about having detergent for my diapers, but I was totally trippin' about it for quite a while and had no clue what I was actually going to do. So now we are saving the expensive stuff for when I have to strip the diapers (that's when they get really stinky and nothing works to get the stink out...this fancy crap should fix it.).

After that, we went to Costco and got lots of toilet paper and Kleenex. I needed to stock up! Who knows when I'll be able to go to the store again after I have this baby, right? Right. I know, we are very exciting date people, but it was fun to just get to hang out and not have to worry about Makayla running off or screaming. And she was really good at church and had a lot of fun playing with the other kids.

Back to this baby I'm growing...I hope she comes out soon. I'm just really anxious to meet her and hold her and love her. But I do love being pregnant. Like tonight she was just kicking around in there and my belly was dancing all over the place. I love that!! Then, Adam and I felt a really hard spot on my belly and were trying to figure out what part of her it was. That's always fun. :)

And I really want to see how Makayla is going to react. She's such a great kid. I love her so freaking much, it's not even funny. I'm just ready for my two babies to be here and start this next chapter. I guess I feel like I'm in limbo right now...waiting and waiting and waiting.

At least I've still got time to clean those baseboards, right?

No comments: