17 October 2008

Crazy, I Tell You!

Yesterday, Makayla learned how to sit back down from a standing position! I am so frackin' proud!
She is by far the smartest baby I have ever seen and I'm so totally not even saying that just because she's mine! Okay, that might have a little something to do with it, but I've seen some babies that are not too bright, if ya know what I mean....
So even though Makayla knows how to do this awesome skill now, she still doesn't do it when she's in her crib. She likes to just stand there and while that is very cute and adorable and oh my goodness, I love her!, I don't get to get a lot of sleep because of that, since I have to go back in and lay her down. She'll learn, though. She's awesome and she catches on so quick!

Also, she just recently started doing this really cute and funny thing, too! When she's sitting on the floor, if she gets really excited or scared or upset, she'll lean forward and smack her head into the ground. And then she cries. Because it hurts. And then I scoop her up and tell her what a big girl she is and she sucks her thumb and all is right with the world again. Blissful.
Sometimes she'll just lay there after she does it, too. And THAT is fantastical!

In other news, thing are wonderful here. As they always are. :)
My babe crawls all over the place. She's standing on anything and everything she can get her little hands on. She screams at the top of her lungs. She laughs with her entire body! She's cruising around on all the furniture, too. I'm pretty sure she'll be walking before we know it! Although, she still has no teeth, she can rock eating some food without those pearly whites! I know they'll come in due time and the doc told us it's totally normal for babes to not get their first tooth until 14 months! So for anyone that wants to talk trash about my gorgeous baby for not having teeth, suck it. Because she's awesome.

Oh yeah! Best news. Makayla says "Uh-oh!" and that seriously amazes me. Although everything she does amazes me, so yeah.

So let's see....back to what else is going on around here. Well Makayla is what's going on around here, so I guess it's cool that I talk about her so much, huh?

Our house is coming along. I swear there will be pictures one day. 

Adam's at a Men's Retreat this weekend, so it's just me and Makayla. We're gonna have ourselves a fun "Girl's Weekend"!!

Makayla took a 2 hour nap this morning! Yay us! Are we taking a turn for the better? Let's hope so!! I was so excited and got soooo much done around here! I'm doing this project right now....well, it's kind of a project in that it takes up a lot of my time. I'm going through all of my parenting and pregnancy mags and taking out all the articles that I need/want to keep and putting them in a cute binder, with tabs for each issue, etc. So I got a good chunk of that done today and it's definitely going to cut down on the bulk of having all those stinking magazines laying around! You know half of those bad boys are ads anyway?!

Well, Makayla needs another nap, so I'm gonna roll. Peace.

P.S. There's been a breach in my blog's security, so I'm thinking about going private with it. There's a few fools that read about my life that most definitely do not need to know what is going on with me and my family, so if you want to be on the list, let me know. :D I need your email addy, so get at me. Holler!

3 comments:

The Gerster Family said...

you better be putting me on that list! LOL :)

Becks said...

Put me up on that there list!!

Anonymous said...

oh me too linds!!! i rarely comment but i do read it!

-Tiff