14 September 2008

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Today is my Dad's birthday! Happy Birthday!!
We went to Little Italy in Cleveland yesterday to celebrate...it was awesome! My mom watched Makayla for me, so I got a little time away and let me tell you, when I came home, I really missed my baby!!!!

So, I'm leaving Ohio on Tuesday...I'm ready to go home. I've been visiting family and living out of suitcases long enough. It's time to go home and live out of boxes for a while!

Adam's friend from high school, Ron, and his fiancee, Lisa, are coming to stay with us for a few days on Wednesday. It's gonna be super fun, but I know I'll be exhausted from the flight the night before! :)

Big news over here...Makayla started for real crawling on the 8th! Awesome! She also started eating real bananas on the 12th! Yay! She's hit a lot of milestones since we've been in Ohio, but still no teeth. That's why I was so apprehensive about giving her people food, but she totally does fine with pieces of banana.

I think our little girl got sunburned for the first time today, though. My mom and I went for a walk and it was way hot outside and then when we were giving her a bath, we noticed that her legs were pretty red. Poor girl! Don't worry, I drugged her with Tylenol. HAHA!

Things are moving along with the house, too. Adam's almost all the way done painting. Yay! The carpet is in and the hardwood should be done tomorrow. Hopefully Adam is buying our fans right now so the contractor can put those in tomorrow, too! I'm so excited to see the finished product and I'm even more excited to see Adam! It has been too long!!!!!! I miss my man. :(

Well, that's the shortened version of what's been going on here. My mom's internet is kinda iffy, so I promise to comment as soon as I'm back home...

Oh yeah! We got cable, too! First time since Adam and I have been married...almost 3 1/2 years without cable! I'm pumped!! And I'll be a couch potato, too....more later.
Peace in the Middle East.

2 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

You've been busy, busy, busy.

That's exciting that your house is almost done.

And, happy birthday to your dad.

The Gerster Family said...

I'm glad you get to go home. That will be nice.

So. building a house? That is so fun. Casey and I are looking at building this upcoming year. There are a lot of decisions to make!