08 August 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy!!

Wow, we have been so absolutely crazy busy since we've been home, I haven't even been able to blog! Don't hold it against me if I'm out of Bloggyworld for a while, mk? I'm visiting family and there are lots of people that haven't met Makayla yet. I still love you all, don't worry.

Well, let's start with the plane ride. Makayla was the best!!!! Better than I ever could have imagined!! Seriously. She rocked that plane ride from California to Ohio, like nobody's business! We stopped in Vegas for a two hour layover and it totally didn't seem like two hours. We had lunch and M played on a blanket on the floor for a good while. She also ate some peas. Fun times were had by all.

The trip from Sacramento to Vegas was wonderful...only an hour and a half and she did great. I nursed her when we took off and she fell asleep for an hour. Great!!! Perfect timing. That was almost the whole flight! Then, she woke up all smiles. The guy next to us even commented about how great of a traveler she was! I was pleased and so happy she got a compliment!

The trip from Vegas to Cleveland was also wonderful. I nursed her on the way up again, which was yet again, perfect timing. She fell asleep. Awesome! Could this kid get any better?! :)

Then, she woke up after about an hour, refreshed and ready to take on the rest of the ride. Nana (my mom) was holding her and my mom looked at me and said, "Oh no, Lindsey." Then, showed me the back of her outfit. Yep, poop all over it. Yay me!

So, I buzzed the flight attendant and he came over and I asked him if I could change her on the floor in the back of the plane. My mom and I went back and I changed her completely upside down! I was kneeling on the floor and her head was in between my legs. It was awesome and I'm still proud of myself for it. Really. We rocked that plane ride.

Then, we got here and there's a 3 hour time difference, so I knew that was going to throw things off kilter a little bit. She had a rough time sleeping the first few nights and last night I decided we needed to remedy the situation, so I let her cry it out. She cried for 15 minutes the first time and then the next time she woke, she cried for 10 and the next time, just one whimper and the next time, nothin'. Awesome baby, I'm tellin' ya! :D

So, last night, I FINALLY got some sleep! I feel like a new woman!

Makayla also ate a strawberry for the first time yesterday and she actually ate some pieces off of it. It was pretty neat to watch. She sucked on it like the boob and then a huge chunk came off in her mouth and I freaked and swiped it out of her mouth real quick. It was so scary!

Yesterday, we also went to my mom's work to let M meet everyone there. They loved her! We went to visit my stepdad's parents today and they also loved her. How could you not, really?!

It's been a nice trip, thus far. My dad's coming up tomorrow to hang out for a little bit and then I'm off to my mother in law's on Sunday for the week! I'll be back soon....Keep me updated, ladies!

2 comments:

B'omarr Punk said...

Love it! So glad she's good for you. Proud of my baby girl.

Life's lonely here without you, despite the business.

Talk to you soon my love!

Ad

Becks said...

Sounds like you are having a great trip!! Way to go Makayla for doing so awesome on the plane rides!!!! Sophia had a blowout on our plane ride so I can relate to that!!

How nice to have your mom with you! I need some Grama action.

AND you slept!! How jealous am I!! Good job on letting her cry it out. I am still a wimp...and tired!

See you soon!