21 May 2008

No such luck

Well, as you can see, I have had no such luck waiting until Thursday to get back on the internet. I can't help it. It's an addiction. One day, I'll have the willpower to break it, but not this week.
So, here we are. :)

Makayla is an exceptional baby. I mean, seriously. She found her thumb {finally!} and has been using the left one to fall asleep on her own. I don't even have to rock her anymore beforehand. I still do because I LOVE it, but I don't have to. Yay! She has been doing wonderfully!!! So, she goes to sleep basically without any crying anymore...maybe a couple whines, but then she's off to dreamland and she'll usually take about an hour nap each time. Thank the Lord for that!

So, last weekend, Adam's dad and brother were here. It was really great having them come out and get to visit with us and finally meet Makayla! They absolutely adored her, as I knew they would! Adam's dad kept commenting on what a wonderful baby we have...so well behaved and hardly even cries! I was one proud Mama!!! She really is a good baby! Far cry from what she used to be, but hey, I'll take it! Better late than never, right? :)

In other news, Adam got his wisdom tooth taken out on Monday. Yes, wisdom TOOTH. Apparently he only has one and that's a Crockett family trait, I guess. But, they are much smarter than I, so I guess wisdom teeth have nothing to do with wisdom! HA! I know, lame joke. Oh well.

Also, I started working out again today. I'm pretty lazy and slow on the upkeep of my body, but I finally dusted off that Pilates video and stuck it in the DVD player and went to town, while Makayla watched on and Adam was napping. Let me tell you, I actually enjoyed it! What a relief! I mean, it sucked because I'm terribly out of shape, but let's hope I'll actually keep it up now! There are five 10 minute workouts and I did two and as soon as I put Makayla down for another nap, I'm doing another one! I'm on a roll and I'm finally disgusted enough with myself to do something about it! No more Dr. Pepper for me, either. I cut myself off as of tomorrow, because I already had some today. I also think it affects Makayla anyway, so it's good for everyone!! 

Wow, I'm so juiced right now. Seriously. Stephanie is coming over tonight to hang out and I can't wait! I'm going to hang out with Michelle tomorrow and I'm so pumped and Friday Joe and Kristin are coming over for dinner! Dude, my life rocks. I'm so glad I have awesome friends to surround myself with. What a blessing....!

1 comment:

The Gerster Family said...

Makayla is beautiful! Thank you for your lovely comment on my post. I have enjoyed reading your blog as well...us new mommy's have to stick together! Stop by more often...I'll do the same!

God Bless you and your beautiful family!