25 May 2008

The Mystery Spot

Adam, Makayla and I went to the Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz yesterday. It was awesome! It's a cabin that is in the middle of a "vortex" and when you enter the cabin, you lean 17 degrees, while standing straight. It is crazy and so scary! There are a lot of theories as to why this happens...one of them being that there is an alien spaceship under the earth and it's causing the lean. But, it was so nuts! Here are some pictures for ya....

Yes, we are standing straight up...I swear.
And yes, he is hanging straight down...not leaning...
I promise you I am standing straight.
And here's our little gangster baby...
Here she is again with her gangster Mystery Spot beanie on. :)

So, all in all, it was very fun and entertaining. Once again, Makayla surprised me and was THE best baby I have ever seen! She cried maybe once when we were in there, but I think it gave her a headache, because it made me very sick, as well. I had a headache for hours afterwards, but they warned us that that could happen and it did! Oh yeah and there are Redwood and Eucalyptus trees all around and both of them normally grow completely straight up, but there were a lot that were growing inward towards the spot and growing in backwards "s" shapes, etc. It was wild! And, of course, I want to know what the deal is there, but obviously that would take all the mystery out of it. Duh.

Other than that, we had Joe and Kristin over for dinner yesterday. It was really nice. And then, we had Rusty, Janelle and Jeremy over for dinner tonight. We played the Wii both nights and it was super fun, but needless to say, I'm ready for some rest! It's been rough having people over both nights, but oh so worth it!

Makayla is such a wonderful baby and just rolls with the punches! She got one nap in today and when we were out and about for 3 hours, she just took it, even though she couldn't sleep during that time. It was so great for us! And now she's sleeping soundly in her bed and being as sweet as ever. Oh yeah and she'll be 5 months old tomorrow! I cannot believe that it has been 5 months since I gave birth! I need to go write down my labor story before I forget it....


1 comment:

Michelle said...

Looks like you guys had fun :) I wish Samantha was still small enough to fit in the baby carrier :(