14 May 2008

Happenings at the Crockett household...

Things are going alright this way, for all who are interested...

Makayla and I are both very, very sick right now. I was going to take her and I to the doctor, but then I realized that they are a waste of time, because they won't give us anything and it's such a hassle to get her ready and get myself ready and it takes so freaking long...blah blah blah blah blah. So yeah, I skipped that and we're taking care of ourselves here at home.

On the flipside, somewhere in these last 3-5 days, our little girl has been going to sleepwithout crying! Yes, I said without crying! Can you believe it? I so cannot.

We've been holding her and rocking her for a while before we put her down, so maybe that has something to do with it, because she gets tired? I dunno, but whatever we're doing, it's working and I'm loving it! It was torture to hear her cry before falling asleep all the time, but it was a necessary evil, so we continued with it. And it has most definitely paid off!

Adam had a phone interview at a job place in Radford, VA. He's going out there next week to have a real interview because they loved him so much over the phone. Duh! How could you not? So, we'll see how that goes, but I think both of us are still leaning towards staying out here. We've been praying about it and God still has not given us a clear cut answer, so we'll just continue to pray and see what the Lord has in store for us. Things are looking up.

Adam's dad and brother are coming out here tomorrow night until Sunday morning. We're planning on taking them to all the spots you must go to when you're in California! San Francisco, In-N-Out, El Tejaban, Bay Sushi, Redwood Forest and probably some other stuff that I can't think of at the moment, too. So, yay! That should be fun!

I'm going to try really, really, really hard to give up the internet for the next week starting tomorrow, obviously. It's a really big problem of mine, as in, I'm always on it and it's really distracting and takes away from, um, everything in my life. Sucks, I know. So anyway, I'm turning off my computer tonight and I'm going to not get on until next Thursday. It's gonna be hard, but it's something I must do. For myself. For Makayla. For Jesus. I think Adam's going to have to take both of our computers with him to work, because it's such a temptation for me! I don't know what it is about it, but it just calls to me! I have a lot of reading that I need to get done and the internet gets in the way of that, so hopefully this will stop my addiction. Sounds silly, but it's so true.

So, call me if you need to get in touch with me. I'll leave you with these pictures for the week....






No comments: