29 March 2010

Potty Training, Among Other Things

Makayla is officially in underwear, starting today. It hasn't been pretty so far, and it's only 1:08pm.
She peed in her undies at 11am, 11:45am and 11:55am. During the last two times, she cried and cried for a long time. I keep telling her that when she needs to pee or poop, she needs to tell me. I also explain to her that it's yucky to have pee running down her leg and she agrees with me.

I know I shouldn't get discouraged yet because it's only day one, but it is rather discouraging. On the bright side, though, she did pee in the potty again on Saturday! She just needs to feel the feeling and get it down, which I know she will one day. :)

She also peed in her undies again at 12:50pm and she took her undies off and was trying to get a new pair back on herself. She is really into wearing undies, but I don't think she gets the concept that she needs to stop peeing in them!!

I'm 28 weeks today!! That's the beginning of the third trimester!! So, I'm officially 7 months pregnant today. Wow!!! It has gone by much faster than when I was pregnant with Makayla and some days that makes me really sad. I don't always get to just rest and feel this little babe move, like I did with Makayla. But she does move a lot, which is always fun!! :D

I finished all three of the pictures for Addison's room and I'm totally excited about them. It's just about time to start getting everything set up! I've got to dust in her room and then we'll start hanging the pictures on the wall and hopefully move the changing table into her room and out of Makayla's. I'm getting really excited!!

I've also been really exhausted lately, though. I usually end up taking a nap while Makayla takes her nap, but then I end up staying up too late. It's a catch 22, I think, because I don't think I could survive until the end of the day without a nap, but then I end up staying up later, which makes me more tired the next day. Ugh.

So this week we're staying in most of the week because I'm just not ready to tackle the public potties yet and since M isn't even close to actually going on the potty regularly anyway, it's not worth it.

Well, it's time for her to go sit on the potty again! Peace!

Update!! Makayla peed in the potty right before nap time at 1:30pm!! She was sitting on the potty and we were coloring in one of her coloring books and she looked at me and said, "I pee in potty, Mommy?" and I said, "If you need to go, then pee." And she totally did! It took a long time. She would pee a tiny bit and then stop and try to get the toilet paper (I told her if she peed in the potty, she could play with the toilet paper) and I said, "Do you have more?" and she said yeah, so she kept doing that for a while and after a couple minutes, she just started peeing and let it all out!!! I'm so proud of my girl!!! I made a huge deal out of it, told her what a big girl she is and she got to pick out a Dora sticker!! She was totally obsessed with it. :D I'm so excited!!!!

Another update!!!-10pm Makayla peed in the potty TWICE while I was at school tonight!! One time it was her idea, too!! We are so very proud of our little girl and she is totally getting it!! I think the undies might have been the trick....She peed at 6:40 and 7:30. She's awesome.

No comments: